PDA

View Full Version : Free dining for AP holders????

disneydoug
07-27-2013, 12:53 AM
Is the FREE dining available for Annual Passholders in September? Thanks

VWL Mom
07-27-2013, 06:13 AM
The free dining is available to everyone. You must purchase, at minimum, a 2 day park ticket with the package though. This could be used toward payment for you pass renewal or for use at a different time.

Depending on where you want to stay and the number in your party, since you don't need tickets, you may be better off with the September room only offer that's available or AP if/when it's released.

For example I checked 9/18-9/22 2 adults:
Free dining w/ 2day park ticket $1903
Room only special/no park ticket $1122
AP disc not yet released

greengeen
07-27-2013, 07:08 AM
Remember that "free" dining isn't free. You have to pay full rack rate for a room, which most AP holders never do! A 30% room discount is a better deal in most cases.

Basket Mommy
07-27-2013, 03:10 PM
The free dining is available to everyone.

Except DVC members who use points to book a villa. I hate that.

greengeen
07-28-2013, 08:51 AM
DVC members are getting a MUCH better deal than "free" dining, IMO. But some can't see past that word "free". The "free" dining is linked to an inflated package rate that includes rack rate rooms and tickets. If you don't visit often and don't live in Florida and don't have annual passes and you like to stay in a value or mod and you have full room occupancy (4 people) who spend most of their vacation eating, maybe it's a deal. Otherwise, not. Anyone planning a trip should check all the discounts and run some numbers before deciding that "free dining" is the way to go.

PETE FROM NYC
07-28-2013, 05:50 PM
Except DVC members who use points to book a villa. I hate that.

At the least, DVC members should get a discount. We do pay so much as it is.

Basket Mommy
07-29-2013, 10:45 PM
At the least, DVC members should get a discount. We do pay so much as it is.

Yes. I paid thousands for my initial purchase, and pay yearly dues. At the least they could throw me a discount on dining every now and then. Well, I do have Tables in Wonderland, but even that I have to buy before I can save.