PDA

View Full Version : favorite DD bar?

Lindslou
07-23-2013, 08:57 PM
Hey!

So I've been to Raglan Road and Cookes of Dublin but I haven't gotten drinks anywhere else. Where do people like to go for drinks when they are at downtown Disney? Also, does Bongos have a bar? I noticed a new (to me) placed called The Front Porch. Do people like that spot?

Thanks for the help!!

Capt_redshirt
07-23-2013, 10:37 PM
The Front porch is part of House of Blues. last time i was there all i saw for options was beer and wine. If your looking for more mixed drinks you could try Paradiso 37 had some nice options.

stephicakes
07-24-2013, 05:56 AM
We liked The Front Porch when we went there last September - nice place to people watch and listen to some live music :thumbsup: :beer:

Auroring Good Time
07-24-2013, 07:57 AM
The Margarita bar across from the World if Disney. The new Lava bar at the Rainforest Cafe looks good too.

steamboat willy
07-24-2013, 08:07 AM
Is the Lava Bar something New? I remember eating at the bar in the seats that look like animal rear ends and legs. We enjoy a trip to "The Forest" every trip. Someone tell me about the Lava Bar please! :beer::cool::beer:

Auroring Good Time
07-24-2013, 09:01 PM
The actual name is Lava Lounge. It is new to the Rainforest Cafe at Downtown Disney. If you do a search on the Internet, you will be able to find pictures of it.

epceddie
07-27-2013, 05:37 PM
The House of Blues bar has happy hour from 3 to 5 p.m. and 10 p.m. to closing. Domestic beer bottles are $3 and imports are $3.75.
Bongos has a nice bar, but the restaurant can get quite noisy.

Lindslou
08-12-2013, 03:54 PM
Thanks all! Looks like I have lots of good options! = )

Christine
08-13-2013, 11:28 PM
Get the BIG margarita at Paradiso -it's the equivalent of 3 margaritas, costs $25 with $10 refills!! Sweet deal, yummy cocktails!!:marg:

Lindslou
08-14-2013, 05:32 PM
Get the BIG margarita at Paradiso -it's the equivalent of 3 margaritas, costs $25 with $10 refills!! Sweet deal, yummy cocktails!!:marg:

Now we are talking!! Thanks so much!

:mickey:

ASweetLov
08-16-2013, 06:44 PM
I LOVE the Margarita Bar :marg: but am planning on visiting the Lava Lounge next month too!

DonaldDuckUSA
08-20-2013, 09:18 AM
Paradiso! I think its my favorite because I like the food and I've never had a bad drink there. To me, you gotta have a good bite to eat with your drink!

Someone on Intercot once recommended the cigar bar between Paradiso and Raglan. We were so impressed. The mojoitos aren't made from some sugary mix, but hand made to your liking. My father in law was so excited when they served his brandy the proper way (in a warmed glass). I think it's also the best place to get a cuban coffee on property.

I can't handle the smoke too long, but they have vents that filter it out so its not too bad.

AvaNellMouse
08-20-2013, 11:06 AM
Bongos makes a nice mojito.

another tink
08-28-2013, 12:31 PM
:number1:Love the Margarita bar right down at the waters edge. It's great to sit and sip and watch the people and boats. My daughter and I do this every time.:marg::cool:

Lindslou
09-02-2013, 09:01 PM
So many great options I've never tried! We'll be a groups of 4 adults so we'll see how many of these spots we can hit in one night. = )

taleasoldastime
09-02-2013, 11:03 PM
i havent had the chance to try many bars but i did drop in on the bar at splitsville and enjoyed it. they gave me a giant goblet of beer. my squirrely boyfriend had a strawberry margarita and liked it. i didnt have anything to eat so i cant comment on that but based on the drink size and selection plus enjoying watching people bowl, i would go back again.

Crow
09-07-2013, 10:04 PM
Paradiso had some good drinks and food on my last trip. id say that or Raglan as both places were great

buzznwoodysmom
09-08-2013, 12:34 PM
Paradiso! I think its my favorite because I like the food and I've never had a bad drink there. To me, you gotta have a good bite to eat with your drink!

Someone on Intercot once recommended the cigar bar between Paradiso and Raglan. We were so impressed. The mojoitos aren't made from some sugary mix, but hand made to your liking. My father in law was so excited when they served his brandy the proper way (in a warmed glass). I think it's also the best place to get a cuban coffee on property.

I can't handle the smoke too long, but they have vents that filter it out so its not too bad.

DH loves this cigar bar. We sat outside so that the smoke wouldn't bother me.

Lindsey310
09-08-2013, 03:47 PM
We liked The Front Porch when we went there last September - nice place to people watch and listen to some live music :thumbsup: :beer:
This sounds fun! Will be sure to try it this trip!! :beer:

41 days!!! :yay:

JerseyDad
09-08-2013, 08:58 PM
...really like Raglan Road ....somehow ...a pint of Guinness ...just tastes better in a pub :beer:

Lindslou
09-09-2013, 11:05 PM
...really like Raglan Road ....somehow ...a pint of Guinness ...just tastes better in a pub :beer:

You are not wrong. :beer:

epceddie
09-10-2013, 10:06 PM
We love to sit at the bar at Raglan Road. ..... when we can get a seat. We've been a couple of times and the bar has been packed and we've had to leave. Very disappointing, because I like to sample the great Irish whiskey they serve there.