PDA

View Full Version : Port Orleans French Quarter

korkelsmom
07-23-2013, 03:24 PM
First time at the POFQ...any tips or advice? I have stayed at the All Star Music before once and then at the Coronado Springs twice. The POFQ seems pretty but I have not seen it in person. I hope I love it.:mickey:

E-OR
07-23-2013, 03:34 PM
POFQ is our families favorite moderate. We love the size of the resort, boat to DD, food court, and pool. Make sure that you take the boat to DD, walk over to POR to visit and eat at their food court, rent a boat, and try the bignets. We love building 5, courtyard view. I love to get a cup of coffee in the mornings and sit out in the courtyard to drink it. You should also plan on watching the outdoor movies that they play in the evening. If you have time rent a bike and tour the two resorts.

Melanie
07-23-2013, 03:42 PM
Don't look up in the food court. ;) Seriously, the Mardi Gras masks in there creep me out. Some people love the decor, but its not for us.

The size and boat to DTD are 2 pluses for this resort. Enjoy your trip!

disneymom15
07-23-2013, 04:07 PM
We've stayed there twice and really like the resort. The Mardi gras masks are a bit creepy, but wouldn't deter me from staying there again.

Capt_redshirt
07-23-2013, 04:27 PM
I love this resort too.. its quiet and small.. with an easy walk to the main building the bus the pool and the boat to DTD. its also about a mile walk to the main building at PO: riverside

CanadianWDWFan
07-23-2013, 04:44 PM
Before we bought into DVC, POFQ was our "Home" resort. We love the size and theming of it. No building is far from any thing on resort property.

Oh, I can't forget the beignets!!

Funny how folks talk about the creepy masks. :D We must really like them since we love POFQ and BWV with the Keister Coaster where the clown spits you out!

sorcerer fan
07-23-2013, 07:06 PM
This is our favorite resort for all the things mentioned. We also like building 5, top floor, courtyard view. it's close to everything , food court, store, and bus stop. While there ,especially take the time to walk along the river to POR. nice quiet pretty walk. and the boat ride to DD is a neat and relaxing way to get there. you get to see the treehouse villas on the way too. Enjoy!

thads
07-23-2013, 08:45 PM
This is our favorite resort hands down for all of the reasons above. In addition, if you have any fishing kids in your party, I would highly recommend the cane pole fishing at ol' man island. It is not the most productive fishing, but fun and relatively easy. It is also relatively cheap for Disney entertainment. It is only like $15 per family.

brownie
07-23-2013, 08:45 PM
A river view is nice and so it the boat ride to Downtown Disney. I'd skip the food court; the food court at Riverside is much better. Also, there's no table service restaurant at French Quarter.

TiggerFan13
07-25-2013, 09:38 AM
We love this resort. We stayed there in 2005 and wil be staying there again this August. We had a River view last time which was great but we will probably try to get a room as close to the bus stops and food courts as possible due to my wifes recent car accident.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
07-25-2013, 12:47 PM
Pretty much everything has been covered. I tend to prefer POR to POFQ, but you really can't go wrong either way.

One thing not mentioned, if you are up for some evening entertainment, mosey on down to POR to the River Roost Lounge and catch one of Yee Haw Bob's show's (check show times, he doesn't perform every night). He's definitely worth the walk over.

I tend to think the food court is better over at POR, so not necessarily a bad idea to go over there once if you are doing lunch/dinner at your resorts food court. I think the pool is also better at POR (and has a better slide for the kids) so again, worth the walk over.

#1donaldfan
07-26-2013, 12:25 PM
We love both the FQ and Riverside !! They're both incredible !! The FQ food court has great selections. There's only one pool at the FQ, so you're kinda limited there. The boat to DtD is a fun, relaxing way to go shopping !! I think you'll like it a lot !!:mickey:

korkelsmom
07-29-2013, 11:49 AM
Thank you so much for all of your input! I am pretty excited and can't wait to experience this resort for myself!

sportsguy2315
07-29-2013, 07:16 PM
Don't look up in the food court. ;) Seriously, the Mardi Gras masks in there creep me out. Some people love the decor, but its not for us.

The size and boat to DTD are 2 pluses for this resort. Enjoy your trip!

Funny you mention the masks Melanie; as a kid the dragon waterslide freaked me out! :D

Gator
07-30-2013, 08:36 PM
I really enjoyed the food court here. Not as much as Coronado, but pretty darn close.

I got placed in the furthest room from the bus stop, so my stay wasn't all that great. Much shorter walks to the bus at the other moderate resorts. Hope for a better room, but expect a good walk.

Brooklynos
08-01-2013, 02:47 PM
We love POFQ, it's our "home" resort if we had to choose one. Even the farthest room is only a 5-10 minute walk to the food/buses but that's the farthest building, farthest corner out.... The beignets are fabulous and almost as good as Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans. The hot tub always has just the right amount of people to have a healthy, fun conversation going. You are the first stop to pick up and the first stop to drop off if sharing a bus with POR.

Just the feel of walking in, seeing the beautiful lobby and knowing you're home is what we are looking forward to this November. :)