PDA

View Full Version : King beds in any DVC studios?

hauntedmansiongirl
07-23-2013, 02:40 PM
Hello! Do any of the DVC studios have King Beds? There are only 2 of us, so we don't need all of the space in a 1 bedroom but really love king beds. From the descriptions on the Disney website, there is no mention of king beds anywhere. Thanks so much for any help! :mickey:

disneymom15
07-23-2013, 04:03 PM
We've stayed in studios at Saratoga Springs, Beach Club, Boardwalk, & Bay Lake Towers. Every one of them had a queen bed.

Basket Mommy
07-23-2013, 04:57 PM
I believe that the studios are all designed to be the 2nd BRs of 2BR lockoffs (but I could absolutely be wrong!) If that is the case, then all studios are going to have one dedicated queen bed and one couch that converts to a queen bed since all 2 BRs (whether dedicated or lockoffs) have one king BR and one 2-queen BR (dedicated 2 BRs have 2 beds; lockoffs have the 1 bed, 1 sofa scenario).

I'm with you, though. My hubby and I are both larger people and, though we can sleep in a queen if we have to, much prefer a king bed. It's rare that we go to Disney w/o the kids, but when we have, we've gotten the studio and been stuck with the queen bed. We could get a 1 BR, but it's a waste of points for just the 2 of us.

VWL Mom
07-24-2013, 08:10 AM
There are no king beds in the studios. With the exception of OKW which has 2 queens the others have 1 queen and 1 sofa bed. I'm not sure of the new VGF layout but I believe it's 1 queen, 1 sofa bed, and 1 murphy bed.

seanyred
07-24-2013, 10:22 AM
Yes only queens in the studios. I must say though that they feel like larger than a typical queen but I didn't bring my tape measure :mickey:

hauntedmansiongirl
07-24-2013, 11:27 AM
Thanks so much for all of your help! I thought that they were all Queen beds... but a girl can always hope!! :mickey:

TheDuckRocks
07-24-2013, 11:30 AM
Yes only queens in the studios. I must say though that they feel like larger than a typical queen but I didn't bring my tape measure :mickey:

Funny you feel that way, I always think the queens feel smaller than my queen bed at home. My guess is we're both wrong and they are the standard size.:blush: