PDA

View Full Version : Discount Code for Universal On-site Hotels

Mfarquar
07-23-2013, 01:38 PM
Keep an eye out in the mail!

Good news: Universal is sending out individual, special code discounts for dates late Aug. - very early Oct. This is for Royal Pacific, Hard Rock and Portofino Bay only. I received one for 30% off.

Bad news: We have already booked for 6 nights in late September and the price is not much different than the website discount ("Stay More, Save More"). In our case, it's only a 5% savings. Unfortunately, they do not have the same level room available for our dates, so we wouldn't save anything unless we were originally planning on an upgraded view.

I'm going to call again tonight and see if they would be willing to apply the code to an existing reservation.

Good news: It IS a significant savings if you're looking to stay only 3 or 4 nights.

Hopefully others will receive this deal as well!

faline
07-23-2013, 01:53 PM
Yes, I received an offer in the mail the other day offering 40% off on stays from August 11 through December 25th with the requirement that the stay be at least 3 nights and be booked by August 4th.

Mfarquar
07-23-2013, 03:41 PM
That sounds very similar to mine! I WISH ours was 40%. Unfortunately, ours was only 30% :(

Last year, they emailed me a code about 6 weeks before our trip for Portofino Bay. We were able to stay there cheaper than our existing reservation at Royal Pacific (which was booked under my husband - we have different last names and my name wasn't on the reservation). I'm hoping to get another one of those again this year!

NJGIRL
07-23-2013, 05:44 PM
This gets me....I didn't get one and we have stayed at Universal at least 5 times in the last 7 years. :mad:

faline
07-23-2013, 07:13 PM
This gets me....I didn't get one and we have stayed at Universal at least 5 times in the last 7 years. :mad:

We haven't stayed there in at least 7 years which may be why they're trying to tempt me back.

Mfarquar
07-24-2013, 01:00 PM
We've stayed there in 2007, 2010 and 2012. We received a pin last year in August and another this year.

Maybe it's just random? I'm sure they have some pattern established, but I can't help but wonder if they're less likely to send pins to consistent visitors.

If you haven't already, sign up for their email updates via the Universal theme park website. I received my first pin offer via email and that may help.

Mfarquar
07-26-2013, 09:50 PM
We called tonight and was lucky to have a great customer service person pick up. She was able to apply the code to our existing reservation so we could still have a king bed, standard view.

To make things even better, the new price she gave us with the code was 40% off (we didn't even ask - we just figured we'd get an extra 5% off). We were really pleased to get an extra 10% off beyond what the code offered!

So instead of originally getting 25% off with Stay More, Save More, we've ended up with 40% off. Not too bad!