PDA

View Full Version : Surf Lessons

Butters
07-23-2013, 01:31 PM
Has anyone done the surf school at TL? If so how was it, was it worth the money?

Any info would be great... Thanks!

mook3y
07-23-2013, 05:21 PM
I have done this one time and had a great time! You do have to get up really early - I think you are supposed to be at the front gate at 6 or 6:30 am.

I can tell you that if you are not in top physical condition, then you should build up your endurance and be able to do a lot of push-ups. I hit the gym religiously for 3 months prior to going, dropped 30 lbs and was exhausted by the end of the lesson. I would definitely work on doing more push-ups before doing this again - son just turned old enough to do this, so likely our next visit will do it again.

Oh, also, when we left - the busses were supposed to take us back to the resort, but they just kept on passing right by us. I had to go up twice and ask them to make sure a bus stopped. We sat there for 45 minutes as all kinds of busses went by dropping people off by the front gate and passes us on by (Boardwalk). Next time, I will just take a cab back.

Auroring Good Time
07-23-2013, 06:20 PM
My son did this last year and loved it. He was 12 at the time. You do have to be there at 5:45 so you will need a car or take a cab. We were able to take a lot of pictures and some videos. We didn't have any trouble with the buses when we left.

Butters
07-30-2013, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the tips, I may have to give this a shot now