PDA

View Full Version : Flying with Harry

korkelsmom
07-23-2013, 12:39 PM
We are visiting Florida January 2014 and we are hitting Universal on Sunday of that week and doing Disney the rest of the week. I am a Harry Potter fanatic and I am absolutely thrilled and excited and plan to stay in the WWoHP alllll dayyyy!!! I have already told the whole crowd of 13 family members to just drop me off in the am and come back in the pm to get me hehe! This is my first time at Universal and of course in HP land...my brother in law and nephew are huge Harry fans as well and have visited before. They have done Universal before and both got very sick on the Forbidden Journey and they are thrill seekers and ride everything they can so I am afraid that I will get sick on this ride. But I HAVE to I MEAN HAVE to fly with Harry it is a must do so any advice or experiences from anyone would be most appreciated.

Kenny1113
07-23-2013, 12:55 PM
The first time I rode it I was fine, the second time I was a little :sick:

I would say do it. This ride does not have drops, it just whips you around and has simulated images as well as animatronics.

NJGIRL
07-23-2013, 01:34 PM
I have done FJ many times and have never gotten sick, but it bothered my husband the first time. Since then he takes a motion sickness pill about an hour before riding and he is fine.

If you are worried take the pill just to be safe.

clausjo
07-23-2013, 01:35 PM
I just did this for the first time in June and it was awesome. You sit back in the seat and there are dividers between you and the person next to you. I started feeling not too great at one point so I just sat forward to get some air and felt much better. I only rode the one time because it's pretty intense, but it was so worth it!

korkelsmom
07-23-2013, 01:38 PM
I have done FJ many times and have never gotten sick, but it bothered my husband the first time. Since then he takes a motion sickness pill about an hour before riding and he is fine.

If you are worried take the pill just to be safe.

That's what I was thinking of doing...thank you so much everyone. I just didn't want to feel :sick: all day because I plan on seeing every part of WWoHP that I possibly can.

Melanie
07-23-2013, 03:02 PM
Oh my! Well, this is the most intense ride I've ever been on. It's whips you in and out of scenes, all while simulating (on screens at times) the flying. Some days it bothered me a lot, and some just a bit. It depended on the day. Thing is, I have issues with Star Tours sometimes as well. Just be aware it affects people in different ways.

The thing that got me the first time I ever rode Forbidden Journey is that I also rode Spider-Man, the Simpsons, Men in Black and Dr. Seuss that same day. By the afternoon, I was so messed up. Blech!

K8screen
07-25-2013, 05:58 PM
Take whatever you need to take and do it!! It is the most incredible thing Ive ever ridden. Anywhere. I am not a huge HP fan, so if you are it will be even more amazing. I have tried to describe it to friends, but the one time I rode I couldnt work out exactly what was happening, I just sat there saying WOW! I am looking forward to riding again in October. BTW I am a senior citizen, and it didnt make me feel ill at all.

joonyer
07-25-2013, 08:59 PM
. . . . The thing that got me the first time I ever rode Forbidden Journey is that I also rode Spider-Man, the Simpsons, Men in Black and Dr. Seuss that same day. By the afternoon, I was so messed up. Blech!

Now that sounds like an AWESOME theme park day! :woohoo:

korkelsmom
07-29-2013, 11:53 AM
Take whatever you need to take and do it!! It is the most incredible thing Ive ever ridden. Anywhere. I am not a huge HP fan, so if you are it will be even more amazing. I have tried to describe it to friends, but the one time I rode I couldnt work out exactly what was happening, I just sat there saying WOW! I am looking forward to riding again in October. BTW I am a senior citizen, and it didnt make me feel ill at all.

I am planning on it! Loading up on the Dramimine and jumping on :thumbsup:!! This is the thing I am looking forward to the most!

MizMissy
07-29-2013, 12:17 PM
I am planning on it! Loading up on the Dramimine and jumping on :thumbsup:!! This is the thing I am looking forward to the most!

You might look at Bonine instead of Dramimine. Bonine is not supposed to make your drowsy. One other suggestion, remember to drink a lot of water because these drugs tend to dehydrate you quickly (or at least I found that to be a problem).

Personally, I took the Bonine, rode the ride and still did not feel so steady on my feet afterwards (and closed my eyes in parts but I really cannot do simulator rides). However, I did jump right on Dueling Dragons after still being unsteady from FJ and that was clearly a poor decision on my part. I have found that I can ride the rides, but my body -- and my head and my equilibrium -- need a bit of recovery time afterwards. So, where my kids will ride FJ, Dueling Dragons, Hulk, etc. and then jump right on the ride to ride it again (and again and again - the true wonder and joy of Express Pass). I can ride once and then take a rest while they ride the second, third, fourth time and then I'm ready to move on to the next ride when they are done.

Have fun!! We really love Universal and WWOHP.