PDA

View Full Version : Morning EMH for Water Parks

DizneyFreak2002
07-22-2013, 12:21 PM
Seems like TDO has cut out all morning EMH for the water parks... Just letting everyone know in case you planned on using the EMH for either of the two water parks...

mgmnut
07-28-2013, 09:45 AM
How about planned for BOTH!!!

How can they do that after already posting the hours..... AGAIN!

This is the 3rd time in just a few months a change in the already posted EMH schedule has affected my vacation plans.

Fri 8/16 Originally scheduled Evening EMH at MK until 1am. Planned to arrive from MCO at 4pm, check in, hit MK for EMH until they kicked us out. Kids were all excited......Evening EMH at MK got pulled on Fridays after the hours were already posted. :mad:

Wed 8/21... Posted Morning EMH at Bizzard Beach at 8am. Plan was purchase Waterparks and More tickets, hit BB at 8am, stay til noon, hang at resort, hit MK in the afternoon andstay til closing. :mad::mad:

Thurs 8/22... Posted Morning EMH at Typhoon Lagoon. Plan was hit Typhoon Lagoon at 8am, stay til noon, hang at resort, go to a park at night and stay til closing. :mad::mad::mad:

So with all these "On the Fly" changes Disney is making they have seriously affected the quality of my already booked vacation. It is one thing if something was never offered, but to post these hours and change them is frustrating to say the least.

So now I will not be purchasing the Water Parks and More Tickets, glad I didn't already purchase my tickets, almost did last week.

The Perks of a WDW Vacation are slipping away. Very sad to see. :( I will definately be looking at other Vacation Destinations in the future.

TheVBs
07-29-2013, 07:36 AM
Sorry MGMnut, that really stinks. :( I know I put a fair amount of thought and effort into planning our days and that would upset me too.

BrerGnat
07-29-2013, 09:09 AM
How about planned for BOTH!!!

How can they do that after already posting the hours..... AGAIN!

This is the 3rd time in just a few months a change in the already posted EMH schedule has affected my vacation plans.

Fri 8/16 Originally scheduled Evening EMH at MK until 1am. Planned to arrive from MCO at 4pm, check in, hit MK for EMH until they kicked us out. Kids were all excited......Evening EMH at MK got pulled on Fridays after the hours were already posted. :mad:

Wed 8/21... Posted Morning EMH at Bizzard Beach at 8am. Plan was purchase Waterparks and More tickets, hit BB at 8am, stay til noon, hang at resort, hit MK in the afternoon andstay til closing. :mad::mad:

Thurs 8/22... Posted Morning EMH at Typhoon Lagoon. Plan was hit Typhoon Lagoon at 8am, stay til noon, hang at resort, go to a park at night and stay til closing. :mad::mad::mad:

So with all these "On the Fly" changes Disney is making they have seriously affected the quality of my already booked vacation. It is one thing if something was never offered, but to post these hours and change them is frustrating to say the least.

So now I will not be purchasing the Water Parks and More Tickets, glad I didn't already purchase my tickets, almost did last week.

The Perks of a WDW Vacation are slipping away. Very sad to see. :( I will definately be looking at other Vacation Destinations in the future.

You are really going to skip a planned 8 hours of water park fun over the loss of 2 hours? I mean, can't you stay at the water park until 1pm. Does that really mess up your plans?

Honestly, I understand the frustration. I really do. But, to skip it altogether just because you have to arrive at 9 instead of 8am? I guess I don't understand that logic.

We were planning to use the EMH at the water parks in a couple weeks as well, but now we will get to sleep in a bit longer those mornings. Really, it's not that big of a deal. Considering the low cost of the WP&M add on, I don't see this as a big issue. EMH at the water parks hasn't even existed for that long. Obviously, not enough people were taking advantage of it to make it economically feasible for WDW.

mgmnut
07-29-2013, 10:02 AM
You are really going to skip a planned 8 hours of water park fun over the loss of 2 hours? I mean, can't you stay at the water park until 1pm. Does that really mess up your plans?

Honestly, I understand the frustration. I really do. But, to skip it altogether just because you have to arrive at 9 instead of 8am? I guess I don't understand that logic.

We were planning to use the EMH at the water parks in a couple weeks as well, but now we will get to sleep in a bit longer those mornings. Really, it's not that big of a deal. Considering the low cost of the WP&M add on, I don't see this as a big issue. EMH at the water parks hasn't even existed for that long. Obviously, not enough people were taking advantage of it to make it economically feasible for WDW.

First off it is the principal of changing posted EMH just a couple weeks out after they have been posted for months.

In the near future I will be expected to pick my rides up to 60 days out using fastpass+ but Disney can change gears / schedule 3 weeks out??

It is not just the water parks EMH changing, and I am not to sure it is due to attendence levels either, looks like EMH is being cut back all over. Again, they dropped them on Fridays at MK as well.

Yes, I am willing to save the $230.00 on the Water Parks and More option and skip the water parks all together. It only needs to seem logical to me. The only reason we were initially planning the water parks this trip was due to the EMH hours. As low of a cost WP&M may seem to some, it is still substantial to others, so I am willing to skip them and plan something else. Vacations don't always come easy financially so I put a lot of thought into my vacation plans to get the most out of them. I use the information provided by Disney to do so, so if they post EMH's I say they should honor them and make the changes on yet to be posted hours. I didn't say this would make or break our entire trip but I think my frustrations are justified.

The water Parks start to fill up at about 10 - 10:30, and attendence peaks at about noon or so going by my experiences from last year. Our plan was to get there right at early opening, get a couple of hours of low lines in before the crowd levels increase, leaving by noon when they peak.

Mickey'sGirl
07-29-2013, 10:39 AM
First off it is the principal of changing posted EMH just a couple weeks out after they have been posted for months.

In the near future I will be expected to pick my rides up to 60 days out using fastpass+ but Disney can change gears / schedule 3 weeks out??

Absolutely! We are expected to book our fastpasses and all of our dining choices 6 months out .... I think this change is in poor form.

BrerGnat
07-29-2013, 12:51 PM
Absolutely! We are expected to book our fastpasses and all of our dining choices 6 months out .... I think this change is in poor form.

On the other hand, you don't HAVE to book anything 6 months out and it doesn't mean you are up a creek once you arrive.

We are literally checking in 2 weeks from now. Just this morning, I made a few ADRs just so we could make sure we got to eat at our two favorite restaurants: Via Napoli and Kona. I had no problem securing ADRs on days that I wanted. I added two more ADRs including a breakfast ADR on our last morning, just in case. Again, no shortage of restaurants or times to choose from (for a party of 5).

I haven't even looked at the park hours yet. I don't bother to do that until I'm, like, a couple days ahead of my arrival date. I totally know that Disney uses the "park hours are subject to change" line and they mean it! The park hours are never consistently accurate when you are looking more than a week or so ahead of time.

Plan for changes, and change your plans. Otherwise, you will end up :mad:.

DizneyFreak2002
07-29-2013, 12:52 PM
mgmnut, I completely 100% agree with you!

There really is no incentive to EVER stay on Disney property, not for the prices they charge for rooms that are no better than the room you'll get elsewhere for a lot less... Oh, and obviously people have noticed since Disney's hotel occupancy rate is not what they want or are used to... They are removing any perk that enhanced the guest experience all in the name of increased profits..

People really need to remove their pixie dusted glassed and wake up from their pixie dust induced comas... Disney is no longer guest friendly... They are all about investor returns, profits, and beholden to Wall Street... Guest experience is out the window...

You are right about the EMH cuts... DAK has had their evening EMH cut completely... MK has had the number of EMH days cut.. EMH in general have been cut from 3 to 2 hours... Wait til they are gone completely...

They no longer hold themselves to the higher standard they set for themselves... They no longer raise the bar... The no longer compete... They are a shell of what they once were...

Mickey'sGirl
07-29-2013, 01:55 PM
On the other hand, you don't HAVE to book anything 6 months out and it doesn't mean you are up a creek once you arrive.I agree ... I was just pointing out the classic case of do as I say, not as I do. Many people do plan their days to the finest detail (we do not), and EMH times are a big part of that.