PDA

View Full Version : New Fastpass Questions

AgentP
07-22-2013, 12:00 PM
Hi everyone,
I have been out of the Disney loop lately. I have just started planning a strip for January, we haven't been for 5 years. I got on here and found out about the new fastpass system. When does this start? Does it work only if you purchase a package from Disney? Thanks!

DizneyFreak2002
07-22-2013, 12:09 PM
The system is not live yet... They are still in testing...

Strmchsr
07-22-2013, 01:13 PM
In addition to the info above, it will start by the time you arrive, but the only date listed right now is "before the end of 2013." I would guess it'll roll out in the next couple of months from what I'm hearing, but no confirmation on that.

You will have to have tickets or a Disney room reservation to be able to use FP+.

DizneyFreak2002
07-22-2013, 02:18 PM
In addition to the info above, it will start by the time you arrive, but the only date listed right now is "before the end of 2013." I would guess it'll roll out in the next couple of months from what I'm hearing, but no confirmation on that.

You will have to have tickets or a Disney room reservation to be able to use FP+.
Are they still planning the testing in October/November? If so, I cannot see how this rolls out before 2014... I know they have tests for August...

Strmchsr
07-22-2013, 02:28 PM
Are they still planning the testing in October/November? If so, I cannot see how this rolls out before 2014... I know they have tests for August...

It depends is the answer I'm getting. If things look successful then they may go ahead and roll it out by November, or even mid-October. If there are still bugs then they'll stay in the testing phase. I guess the one good thing about this is my friends who are involved with the project have said TDO really wants to get this right and don't want it going live until it's ready. They seem pretty pleased so far so I wouldn't be surprised to see it go live sooner rather than later, but early 2014 isn't out of the question either.

DizneyFreak2002
07-22-2013, 02:34 PM
It depends is the answer I'm getting. If things look successful then they may go ahead and roll it out by November, or even mid-October. If there are still bugs then they'll stay in the testing phase. I guess the one good thing about this is my friends who are involved with the project have said TDO really wants to get this right and don't want it going live until it's ready. They seem pretty pleased so far so I wouldn't be surprised to see it go live sooner rather than later, but early 2014 isn't out of the question either.

Thanks Chris... :thumbsup:

ckaranassos
07-22-2013, 02:37 PM
This may be a silly question but I'm trying to learn this system: we will be in Disney in 28 days for six days and have been offered the fastpass + option. Three of the six days the times and attractions for the fast pass + works for us. Does that mean that the other 3 days we can not use the old fast pass system? If you choose the fast pass + system for some days does that lock you into that system for the whole trip? Thanks for the help!

DizneyFreak2002
07-22-2013, 02:45 PM
This may be a silly question but I'm trying to learn this system: we will be in Disney in 28 days for six days and have been offered the fastpass + option. Three of the six days the times and attractions for the fast pass + works for us. Does that mean that the other 3 days we can not use the old fast pass system? If you choose the fast pass + system for some days does that lock you into that system for the whole trip? Thanks for the help!
Maybe Chris can shine some new light on this but, under the new FAQ on the Disney site, they state if you agree to use the new FP+ system, you cannot participate in the current old FP system... During testing, they were allowing the testers to use both... Because of the FAQ and ToS, I doubt you could use both, and probably won't be able to with Magic Bands... Unless, as this slowly does go live, they allow use of both until this is 100% implemented.. But do not quote me on that...

Strmchsr
07-22-2013, 04:18 PM
The last word I got on that, and this is subject to change, is that as long as it's still in testing phase you can do both because they don't want a problem and need to take FP+ offline and then the guests not able to use FP at all. Once it's live it's one or the other.

ckaranassos
07-22-2013, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the great information. We have decided since we got the attractions and times that worked well for us that we would be fast pass + guinea pigs. I'll post after our trip how it worked out.

stephicakes
07-23-2013, 05:50 AM
This may be a silly question but I'm trying to learn this system: we will be in Disney in 28 days for six days and have been offered the fastpass + option.

Question out of curiosity... How were you chosen for the test? Did you receive an email, or were you just able to choose your FP+ selections in "My Disney Experience" by chance?

Thanks! :)

ckaranassos
07-23-2013, 07:48 AM
I did not receive a special email. When I logged on to My Disney Experience a seperate window popped up telling me it was now time to customize my magic bands and choose my fast pass experiences. Interestingly enough that window had not popped up 4 days ago when I had been on My Disney Experience. So, I don't know exactly what I'm in for- I did receive an email today saying our magic bands have been shipped. I decided to play around with the fast pass + and like I said was able to get times and attractions that worked well for our trip so I went for it. ie- Toy Story Mania at 4:30 pm that fit great with our 6:00 pm Fantasmic Dinner reservation on the day we actually arrive at WDW. Also, got ToT and RnR the two slots before. We shall see!

Strmchsr
07-23-2013, 07:49 AM
Question out of curiosity... How were you chosen for the test? Did you receive an email, or were you just able to choose your FP+ selections in "My Disney Experience" by chance?

Thanks! :)

It's a random selection of people whose vacation coincidences with selected test dates. You log on to MDE and keep your profile up to date. If they are testing during your vacation you'll be notified and asked to make your FP+ selections.

stephicakes
07-23-2013, 01:50 PM
I did not receive a special email. When I logged on to My Disney Experience a seperate window popped up telling me it was now time to customize my magic bands and choose my fast pass experiences. Interestingly enough that window had not popped up 4 days ago when I had been on My Disney Experience. So, I don't know exactly what I'm in for- I did receive an email today saying our magic bands have been shipped. I decided to play around with the fast pass + and like I said was able to get times and attractions that worked well for our trip so I went for it. ie- Toy Story Mania at 4:30 pm that fit great with our 6:00 pm Fantasmic Dinner reservation on the day we actually arrive at WDW. Also, got ToT and RnR the two slots before. We shall see!

It's a random selection of people whose vacation coincidences with selected test dates. You log on to MDE and keep your profile up to date. If they are testing during your vacation you'll be notified and asked to make your FP+ selections.

Got it! :thumbsup: We were chosen last September to try the FP+ initial test in which we were contacted by mail. We currently are within our 60 days but I still haven't received a message on MDE yet. Was just curious how you found out! thanks!