PDA

View Full Version : Info on the new Four Seasons Resort

Hammer
07-22-2013, 11:17 AM
My sister had the opportunity to meet with the sales manager for the new Four Seasons being built over by Fort Wilderness. She is a corporate meeting planner and has planned events at other Four Seasons resorts around the world (I know Maui and Costa Rica for certain) so they wanted to show and sell her on the plans for the new resort. The resort is due to open Labor Day 2014 and they are only taking reservations for meetings and conferences from that date at this time.

The hotel will have 444 guest rooms, including 68 suites with connecting options. The rack rate pricing quoted for the guest rooms is comparable with the Grand Floridian (around $ 500-650 a night). The Tom Fazio-designed golf course (Osprey Ridge) will be managed by Four Seasons with options for golf at leisure and group events. Indoor and outdoor treatments will be available in the Spa’s 20 treatment rooms and gardens. The hotel will have 3 restaurants, including a southern poolside BBQ experience and a 17th floor rooftop steakhouse with views of the nightly fireworks at the Magic Kingdom® Park and Epcot. Of course, based on the hotel’s location, these will be from a distance. There will also be an Italian restaurant.

There will be 2 pools; one will be a quiet lap pool and the other will be a feature pool with a lazy river and splash pad. There will be a whirlpool in the pool area as well. Pool areas will have cabanas with their own attendant as well as attendants available in the general pool area to take drink/food orders and provide towels. From my experience, I find the wait staff is more readily available at Four Seasons hotel pools than the staff at Disney resort pools.