PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe Resort Beds

faberj
07-21-2013, 09:11 AM
Do all the deluxe resorts have the same type of mattresses and bedding???
We have stayed at AKL and the beds and pillows are so comfortable!
I was wondering if WL has the same as we are considering statying there this time. I have read a few bad reviews that the beds are hard at WL and that will make for a very long vacation if the beds are so hard that we are unable to sleep.

KylesMom
07-21-2013, 11:14 PM
Well, I can't compare AK to WL since we've never stayed at Animal Kingdom, but I have always found the Wilderness Lodge beds to be nothing but comfortable. Never had a problem crashing out there after a day at the parks, and never woke up stiff or sore because the beds are too hard! :mickey:

ANG
07-22-2013, 02:07 PM
We've stayed at 3 deluxes and all the beds are very comfortable IMO. I wasn't however impressed by the SSR bedding

Figment104
07-22-2013, 02:36 PM
I can't stand a hard mattress, and can assure you I've never encountered one at WL. I can't compare to AKL as I've never stayed there, but I've never found the mattresses to be hard at WL.

lightyearfan
07-23-2013, 02:21 PM

well i guess me and dw will be in the minority on this topic, we thought that the bedding absolutely stunk at AKL Kidani Village, the pillows were horrilbe we had to triple them up the bed was so brutal that dw slept on the coach , in comparison we've stayed at SSR/OKW and the bedding was fine, just a side note we did a short cruise after our little stay at AKL and the queen sized bed on the Disney Dream was such a pleasure to sleep it was a Dream no pund intended, this is of course (IMHO)

Victor:mickey:

faberj
07-23-2013, 08:34 PM
well i guess me and dw will be in the minority on this topic, we thought that the bedding absolutely stunk at AKL Kidani Village, the pillows were horrilbe we had to triple them up the bed was so brutal that dw slept on the coach , in comparison we've stayed at SSR/OKW and the bedding was fine, just a side note we did a short cruise after our little stay at AKL and the queen sized bed on the Disney Dream was such a pleasure to sleep it was a Dream no pund intended, this is of course (IMHO)

Victor:mickey:

We stayed at the Jambo House (original section) in 2001 and 2008 the new section you stayed in wasn't even open yet. In 2008 they had some new bedding and pillows that you could order online. I ended up ordering a fee pillows when we got home :)

BrerGnat
07-24-2013, 09:39 AM
WL resort beds are great. I hate hard beds and only find those at the Values at WDW. I was at WL last October and the bed was as comfortable as it had been the past two visits there. We are returning to WL next month. I get really sore hips if I sleep on a "too hard" bed and have never had a problem with that at the WL.

I think the DVC units use different mattresses than the Deluxe Resorts do, FWIW.

CuteAsMinnie
07-31-2013, 10:45 PM
I was wondering if WL has the same as we are considering statying there this time. I have read a few bad reviews that the beds are hard at WL and that will make for a very long vacation if the beds are so hard that we are unable to sleep.

OMGosh! We just returned from an 8 night stay at WL and the bed was HONESTLY the most comfortable bed we have EVER slept on. Perhaps they were replaced last year when the rooms were refurbed, idk, but they were heavenly?

:cloud9:

MNNHFLTX
08-01-2013, 09:10 AM
Mattress preference is an extremely subjective thing to evaluate. I can't tell you how many times I have stayed in a hotel room where reviewers on Tripadvisor stated the mattresses were too firm or too soft and I found them perfectly fine. That said, we've stayed at WL three times and found the matresses to be very comfortable.