PDA

View Full Version : Concierge Level @ Marriot Anaheim

Zawadi
07-20-2013, 10:04 AM
Has anybody experience Concierge Level at the Marriot Anaheim?

We're costing our holiday for Aug 2014 (only 13 months away :)) and can get this for less than a standard room in any of the Disney hotels. Is it worth it?

Thanks in advance.

SBETigg
07-20-2013, 01:01 PM
I don't have experience with that particular hotel, but I've stayed concierge level at Marriotts around the country and they are all very much the same. I'm currently in the Marriott Marquis Atlanta.

Most have a daily breakfast consisting of scrambled eggs (reconstituted), bacon, oatmeal and fixings, breads/pastries, yogurt, coffee, juice, and available soft drinks. Some (like this one) only offer breakfast on weekends, however.

Afternoon/evening offerings include light appetizers like crudite and dips, quesadilla bites, egg rolls, house made chips and dips, and that sort of thing. Beer, wine, and cocktails are offered but not free at Marriott concierge lounges.

Later evenings, some assorted dessert offerings are put out.

Many times a day, the lounge is closed so it's not an all day access kind of thing. There are set hours. Is it worth it? That's up to you. With the exception of breakfast, it's not enough food to make a meal and because they don't offer complimentary alcoholic beverages, the value seems somewhat reduced. My husband is a Gold Elite member due to his extensive business travel, so we always have concierge access at no extra cost.

I think I would prefer to be at a Disney hotel even for a pricier standard room unless I was traveling on Marriott points or trying to add to my points. But not having been to that particular one, I can't say as well as someone who has stayed there. Just trying to help with what I know, which is strictly Marriott concierge level in general.

BrerGnat
07-20-2013, 02:31 PM
I can't speak to the particular question, but I can offer some advice. It may be hard to take full advantage of concierge level at a hotel that is so far from the parks. It may not appear to be too far on a map, but it's about a 15-20 min walk to the DL gates. You may not find that returning to the hotel is very convenient, so you might take advantage of breakfast and that's it.

I think if you can afford a DL resort, by all means, book it. The advantages of being SO close are much more tangible than some free food in a lounge (the Early Entry, room charging privileges, proximity, etc).

If money is a real concern, I'd choose one of the properties much closer to the main gate, on Harbor Blvd., directly across from DLR. There is a Fairfield Inn, Best Western, and Howard Johnson's, to name a few. Some of these offer a free continental breafast as well.

That Marriott is okay, but it's not very convenient for a long stay at the parks.

Zawadi
07-23-2013, 05:36 PM
Thanks guys!

It looks like it will be a Disney hotel for our Disney fix on the way home.

What's a fistful of dollars more on a budget that already covers flights (LHR/LAX & LAX/HNL), NCL Hawaiian cruise, helicopter tours and nights in Honolulu ... ???

BrerGnat
07-24-2013, 09:46 AM
Thanks guys!

It looks like it will be a Disney hotel for our Disney fix on the way home.

What's a fistful of dollars more on a budget that already covers flights (LHR/LAX & LAX/HNL), NCL Hawaiian cruise, helicopter tours and nights in Honolulu ... ???

LOL! So true!

I'd recommend the Disneyland Hotel. It will give you the best "Disneyland" experience of the three resorts.

Sounds like an amazing trip!