PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan Newbie

GoBlueLacheta
07-19-2013, 09:54 PM
Had posted one other general question about the dining plan as we have never done it before, but with the upper echelon plans being 1 credit for each meal, when comparing lunch and dinner what constitutes the cutoff between the two? Time of day ?

Because there are a few restaurants we are attending that don't have a break between lunch of dinner and are not "dinner only" type places IE Beaches and Cream/ESPN Club. I'd hate to waste a "dinner" credit simply because we ate a late 3ish lunch at beaches.

snowflakegirl
07-20-2013, 02:29 AM
If you are on the standard dining plan you would have 1 Table Service and 1 Quick Service meal per night of your trip (ie if you're staying 5 nights you'll have 5 table service credits and 5 quick service credits). If you eat at a Table Service restaurant, whether lunch or dinner, you'll be charged a TS credit. So if you had a late lunch at Beaches and Cream and chose to use your dining plan to cover it, it would cost you a TS credit. Sometimes depending on your plans and where you want to eat it's more cost effective to use your TS credits the more expensive of your dining venues and not, San for lunch at the Plaza in MK (which I did on a previous trip and realized after the fact that it
was not a good use of my credit at all).

Hope that made sense and helped.

Itchy
07-20-2013, 08:43 AM
We always use the dining plan because it is easier for us.

Like the previous poster stated whether you use one credit on lunch or dinner it is the same for a sit down meal.

We always make our dinner reservations and use our one credit for that meal and we use our counter service credit for breakfast. Since my lady friend is diabetic she needs a midday meal or snack so we just pay out of pocket for that.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

TheDuckRocks
07-20-2013, 09:26 AM
I'm confused :confused:
I read your other post and thought you stated you were going with the premium dining plan. If so all meals would have the same credit value, just 3 meals per day - breakfast, lunch and dinner, no matter if it was TS or CS.
Is that still your plan? Or are you just wanting to know what places would be the most expensive?

Pirate Granny
07-20-2013, 10:45 AM
Beaches and cream is considered a table service regardless when you go...there is no split between breakfast lunch or dinner anywhere but BOG...lunch us counter service, dinner is table service. Enjoy...some restaurants are two table service credits per meal. If you are on the deluxe that would count as two meals...you will get 3 credits for meals times how many nights you stay (not days). You can use zero credits one day and four the next and five the next and equal your three day quota of 9 meals, doesn't matter which meal (breakfast lunch or dinner).

tomatoe pie
07-20-2013, 04:48 PM
when we use the deluxe dining plan, we usually enjoy a signature restaurant at night and breakfast (maybe a character brkfst) in the mornings.:thumbsup:

there are a lot of good one ts restaurants too if you want to sit down for 3 meals a day. :yes:

GoBlueLacheta
07-20-2013, 09:23 PM
We are on the premium plan, I was just wondering if credits were credits or if and they were differentiated was my main concern.

thejens
07-20-2013, 10:46 PM
Regardless of the plan you are on there is not a credit difference between lunch or dinner. For the standard meal plan the only difference is between snack, counter service and table service.

If you are on deluxe plan a meal credit is a meal credit, but the signature restaurants still use two credits.

When we did the deluxe plan we also had only two meals a day (early lunch or late bfast) and used two credits for the signature dinners. Otherwise, for us, it would be way too much food. Counter service and even snacks can be substantial!

GoBlueLacheta
07-21-2013, 10:06 PM
Thank you everyone :mickey:

Capt_redshirt
07-21-2013, 11:26 PM
Here is something else everyone should know about the dining plan there is no limit to how many points you use per day... If you want to use all your points in one day you can (tho i doubt you could walk afterwards) same goes for snack points . you can always tell who is on their last day because they are spending snack points like crazy

BigB
07-22-2013, 09:54 PM
You can always tell who is on their last day because they are spending snack points like crazy

Yeah, we are guilty of this. We get so many the Mouse Ear treats before we leave. But we have found out that Monster energy drinks are part of the snack program. Which is really nice and helpful for those us of who burn both sides of the Disney candle!

Jodi
07-23-2013, 09:10 PM
Can anyone tell me how Portobello in DTD is? We have never eaten there and made a ressie for August.
27 days to CBR :number1:

GoBlueLacheta
07-25-2013, 10:50 PM
Coming from an Italian background, I would have to say Disney property really lacks in overall Italian restaurants. While there are a few restaurants with a few good inspired Italian dishes, Portobello is where we would go if we haaad to go one.