PDA

View Full Version : Spring Vacation Advice please :)

debandbub
07-19-2013, 08:14 PM
We have always gone in the fall or winter- earliest was mid-October, latest was mid December. Soooo- thinking about a spring trip in 2014.
Tell me about crowd levels for anytime from mid-May to mid- June. I know to avoid Memorial Day- but can anyone recommend another week to consider? We're pretty easy going. It will be two adult couples this trip, no kids. THANKS for your help!:mickey:

Pirate Granny
07-19-2013, 09:30 PM
I love the may weather, and the kids aren't out of school yet, so smaller crowds.

mgmnut
07-20-2013, 10:02 AM
We also used to go in May when the kids were young enough to pull out of school. Great Weather and lower crowds. Spring is a great time to go!

faline
07-20-2013, 03:32 PM
Schools are already releasing for the year but the end of May so I'd go as early into May as possible. Crowds begin to pick up by the end of the month. May weather is already getting pretty hot and humid. Both crowds and humidity increase during June.

MargaretMessler
07-20-2013, 03:37 PM
We were there from May 15-22 this year (the week before Memorial Day), and crowds were pretty heavy at times. Not un-manageable, and I have definitely seen worse, but the earlier in May the better most likely.

As someone posted above, schools start getting out in early to mid May in some parts of the country.