PDA

View Full Version : How does dining work?

Aurora
07-17-2013, 11:33 AM
My parents are going on a 4-day Disney Dream cruise next month and I've made all the arrangements for them. They are first-time cruisers, and I've never done one. They are all checked in, but I'm confusing about the dining.

They are scheduled to do the second seating, but how do they know where to go? Do they get a schedule when they get to the ship? Are they told which restaurant to go to on which evening? Haven't been able to find out any information online about it.

Thanks for any help!

Kenny1113
07-17-2013, 02:22 PM
Yes they will be assigned a dining room each night and will recieve docs with that information.

Aurora
07-17-2013, 02:35 PM
Yes they will be assigned a dining room each night and will recieve docs with that information.

Thanks for the reply. They've received a booklet with information but not their dining rooms. Do they receive that on the ship or is that mailed beforehand?

lightyearfan
07-17-2013, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the reply. They've received a booklet with information but not their dining rooms. Do they receive that on the ship or is that mailed beforehand?

when your parents get to their room they'll have tickets telling them which resturant to goto on their respective nights, its very easy. when they get to the resturant they'll be seated with other couples , no more than 6 i believe, then on the following days the wait staff rotate with them, so they'll have the same wait staff and couples for the whole trip. hope this helps

Aurora
07-17-2013, 06:28 PM
when your parents get to their room they'll have tickets telling them which resturant to goto on their respective nights, its very easy. when they get to the resturant they'll be seated with other couples , no more than 6 i believe, then on the following days the wait staff rotate with them, so they'll have the same wait staff and couples for the whole trip. hope this helps

That's awesome -- how fun! Thanks!

hubbyofadisneyholic
07-17-2013, 08:47 PM
They really do make it almost foolproof.
We went on our 1st cruise in May of 2012 and had no problems...other than we enjoyed it so much we are booked for a 4 day cruise in January and a 7 day for next May.
(If you want to call that a problem) :cloud9:

Christine
07-17-2013, 11:53 PM
Yes they'll receive a ticket with a printout of what restaurant each day to attend and their table number. But magically, a crew member will recognize you and know where you belong, even if you don't . It's amazing- almost eerie! :)

Mitzie
10-30-2013, 01:25 PM
We are considering a DC in April. When the website quotes you a price does that include all of your dining? For a party of 5 will they always seat you with other people? What is the difference between concierge and regular?

Mitzie
10-30-2013, 01:26 PM
Also..what about your food on Castaway Cay? Is that included in the price? How about the activities on the island..?

Christine
10-31-2013, 01:24 PM
Also..what about your food on Castaway Cay? Is that included in the price? How about the activities on the island..?

Your lunch at cookies and cookies too is included. It's a lovely BBQ buffet.
Activities such as biking, snorkeling, tubing, etc have a fee.

Mitzie
11-01-2013, 07:58 AM
Thanks for getting back with me. DH is just not embracing this cruise idea. He loves going to WDW but isn't sure what he would do on a cruise. He is not the most social person and feels like he would spend alot of time just sitting around.

Ed
11-03-2013, 08:34 AM
We are considering a DC in April. When the website quotes you a price does that include all of your dining? For a party of 5 will they always seat you with other people? What is the difference between concierge and regular?

A party of five will most likely be seated at their own table - no other folks at the table.

The quoted price includes all of your regular meals as well as snack-type food on the upper (pool area) deck. It does NOT include specialty restaurants such as Palo and Remy, or snacks outside the movie and/or live theaters.

The difference between Concierge and regular ? Several thousand dollars! :spend: :spend: :D

Donald_Quackers
11-04-2013, 11:52 PM
The dining rotation will also be on their KTTW card.