PDA

View Full Version : 3 or 4 wheels which is better?

Mrs Bus Driver
07-17-2013, 10:53 AM
I am a plus sized person and would like to know if I should pay extra and get a 4 wheel scooter for use in the parks? I have read somewhere that 3 wheels turn better but would like to hear from people who have used either 3 or 4. The extra $20 a week doesn't concern me, I am already spending a small fortune on my next trip. Just want to know which ride is better for getting around the parks. Thanks :mickey:

TheDuckRocks
07-17-2013, 12:35 PM
I am also "fluffy". The 3 wheelers are more easy to turn in tight places. The 4 wheelers, which I use now, you need more space to make a turn after you get used to them it's really not so bad. Why I like the 4 wheeler is they are more stable/less tipable. I have found calling Alex at Apple Scooter to be the best person to help you get want is most suitable for you.

PETE FROM NYC
07-17-2013, 06:36 PM
I used to rent at the parks, until I found out about the outside companies. I googled ecvs /Orlando, got a bunch of choices. I found APPLE gave the best deal, so I went w/ them several trips. I have used 3 and 4 wheelers and I like the 3 whls better. Now I have my own Pride Victory 10 so I no longer need to rent.
I am pooh sized too.

Mrs Bus Driver
07-20-2013, 08:56 AM
Thanks I guess I will go with a 3 wheeler. And I agree with Pete from NYC I've looked at prices and Apple is the best. Also I thought about getting my own but since I will only be using it on vacations for now it is cheaper to rent. But appreciate your mention of what kind you have. May still want to buy one in the future. Can you tell me how you like yours? :mickey:

TheDuckRocks
07-20-2013, 09:41 AM
I also own a scooter for use at places other than Disney. I always rent at Disney because one trip my own scooter got damaged from rough handling on the bus, not by CMs but a group of unruly teenage boys. I now rent from Apple with the included insurance.
Renting also gives you a good opportunity to try out the different scooters and see which ones you like best.