PDA

View Full Version : Rose and Crown

ANG
07-16-2013, 07:03 PM
I just wanted to say if you are on the fence about trying Rose and Crown, DO IT!

We ate there for the first time on Sunday. The cottage pie was one of the best things I've ever tasted. I also enjoyed the intimacy of the place and all the staff was super nice.

DO IT! :number1:

faline
07-16-2013, 07:06 PM
This establishment has long been a favorite for my husband and myself. We do enjoy dining outdoors better than the indoor seating (even for lunch)!

MNNHFLTX
07-16-2013, 07:19 PM
Love Rose and Crown! That's one of my favorite restaurants in all of Disney World. You really do get the full British experience when you eat there. And the bartenders pour a mean pint!

Jillirose
07-16-2013, 08:08 PM
A must do every year for us!

mgmnut
07-16-2013, 08:54 PM
We experienced it for the first time last year. We have reservations again for this year. I have to agree with everything the PP's have said.

Last year we sat outside, right in the back, and had front row seats for illuminations. We were actually ready to get up and the waitress told us to relax and have some more coffee and wait for it to start. She assured us we wouldn't be holding up the table.

We have reservations for 7:30pm this year, hopefully lightening strikes twice. I will request an outside table when we check in and hope it all works out and we get a good view again.

Love the scotch eggs, and love the mushy peas. I make them both at home now.

mickeys_princess_mom
07-16-2013, 08:57 PM
One of my favorites! Trying to book one more meal there today! :mickey:

Arielfan98
07-16-2013, 10:24 PM
The mushy peas are fantastic I highly recommend ordering a side dish of them if they are not included in your meal :tasty:

barbiegirl314
07-17-2013, 10:46 AM
OK, two questions...what are mushy peas? and do they have a children's menu (didn't see it on-line)?

Mickey'sGirl
07-17-2013, 10:55 AM
Mushy peas are dried marrowfat peas which have been soaked and then boiled. They are soft and the liquid becomes quite thick, so they are called "mushy". We eat them with vinegar.

MNNHFLTX
07-17-2013, 11:04 AM
Mushy peas are sort of a cross between regular peas and pea soup. Yes, very good with vinegar. :tasty:

The Rose and Crown does have a children's menu. Here is the link to the menu on the Disney World website--look for the children's entrees further down the page:

Rose and Crown Menu (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/rose-and-crown-pub-and-dining-room/menus/)

mgmnut
07-17-2013, 05:04 PM
OK, two questions...what are mushy peas? and do they have a children's menu (didn't see it on-line)?

The mushy peas at Rose and Crown are mashed peas with a little cream, butter and a touch of mint I think (that's how I make them at home). They are a must with Fish and chips. Forget tarter sauce, just eat the fish right with the mushy peas.

Mickey'sGirl
07-17-2013, 05:16 PM
The mushy peas at Rose and Crown are mashed peas with a little cream, butter and a touch of mint I think (that's how I make them at home). They are a must with Fish and chips. Forget tarter sauce, just eat the fish right with the mushy peas.Ack! You just sent generations of my ancestors rolling in their graves! ;)

NJGIRL
07-17-2013, 07:00 PM
I agree with you about the food. It was a nice surprise, but I thought the restaurant was too loud, it was not relaxing at all.

The bar was overflowing, packed in very tight, and everyone was singing very, very loud. The music and commotion spilled over to the restaurant.

faline
07-17-2013, 07:26 PM
I agree with you about the food. It was a nice surprise, but I thought the restaurant was too loud, it was not relaxing at all.

This is why I like eating out on the patio.

MNNHFLTX
07-17-2013, 07:56 PM
The bar was overflowing, packed in very tight, and everyone was singing very, very loud. The music and commotion spilled over to the restaurant.
At times this is very true. I also prefer to eat out on the patio, unless it's super hot outside.

ANG
07-18-2013, 08:57 AM
Well, we did eat on a Sunday evening and I don't think the live music is on that day.

NJGIRL
07-18-2013, 10:32 AM
Linda and Beth even though it was the first week in November when we ate there, it was 5:00 (sun going down) and unseasonable cold. It was either eating while feeling like an ice cube or having your head explode from the noise. :(

I did like the food and would go back in warmer weather if we could eat outside.

DisneyDINK
07-18-2013, 10:48 AM
I'm doing a solo trip in 2 months, so I'll definately eat there at the bar one day.

DW and I had a very nice meal there last trip. The servers (one young guy from Belfast training another young guy from Belfast) explained that the mushy peas on the menu were a bit more flavourful than the ones they were accoustomed to back home. Yes, the English menu there has been slightly "Americanized", but that's probably a good thing.