PDA

View Full Version : online checking

moe513
07-16-2013, 05:17 PM
Is there an advantage to doing online check in and getting your room requests?

I have never gotten a room request:confused:

Thank you again!!

Strmchsr
07-16-2013, 05:34 PM
Doing online check-in does seem to provide an advantage of having a room ready at check-in if you arrive before 3 pm. It also gives you the opportunity to make room requests and note whether you'd rather have an early ready room or the other requests as your priority.

mamatedd
07-16-2013, 06:53 PM
In The World as I type!:mickey: I did not get my room request (Poly, and I requested wrong category room anyways :blush:), but I arrived before one and my room was ready. :thumbsup: So, I would say super worth it. One tip-during online check-in, you are asked to create a pin. Remember it, as it is necessary to use your room key to shop. Maybe everyone knows this already, but it was news to me. Happy travels!

mgmnut
07-16-2013, 09:01 PM
We already did our on line check-in and we don't leave for 30 days, I can't believe how far out you can do it now.

This year when I did the check in there was no place to type any text. I only got to make preferred choices of certain areas of the resort. I wanted to request a specific building if I could. Did I miss something, should there be a place to type in text to make requests?

Strmchsr
07-16-2013, 10:47 PM
I wanted to request a specific building if I could. Did I miss something, should there be a place to type in text to make requests?

In order to request a specific building (always with the "no guarantees" clause firmly in mind) you have to note it on the actual reservation. Either you do this by calling Disney or have your TA do it if you used one.

CuteAsMinnie
07-31-2013, 10:49 PM
Have never done on-line check-in.

We have ALWAYS received all our room requests, sometimes down to the exact room number if we requested one. This trip, we arrived at WL at 10:30am and viola!... Our room was ready!

:thumbsup:

brownie
07-31-2013, 10:53 PM
When our room requests haven't been granted through room assignment, the cast member at check-in has always worked to try to make it happen for us. We've always had good luck. I think more important than how you make your request is what your request is. The more specific you make your request, the greater the chance that it won't be granted. Keep it general and simple will go a long way in seeing your request granted.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-01-2013, 10:01 AM
One thing to remember as well, Disney over the past several years has added so many new categories of room, preferred buildings, royal/pirate/princess rooms, water views, preferred rooms, that it becomes difficult to get your request if you aren't already booked into one of these "preferred" categories, because then you are essentially requesting an upgrade.

Last year we booked a normal room at POR and I requested a certain building (but not room) and we did get it, but the CM did point out that it was an upgrade because the building we wanted was deemed a "preferred" building.

I have also faxed requests to the resorts about a week before we've left and have had good results with that as well.