PDA

View Full Version : Family Platters

terri110874
07-16-2013, 02:34 PM
Silly question.... would it possible to get items on family platter (like Garden Grill ) on separate plates? or would that be wrong to ask for? My son will not eat the food if they touch. Sauces have to be one the side, stuffing can not touch the meat, etc. I do not not want to sound high maintenance. Do not mind tipping more for the extra work for them to do this.

MargaretMessler
07-16-2013, 03:29 PM
I have never eaten there, but with all the different folks passing through in a day and from different areas of the world...can't possibly be the strangest request. I would just ask the hostess who seats you, and then also the waitress who takes care of you.

I would definitely reflect any cooperation in the tip given, that's great that you recognize that! :mickey:

Arielfan98
07-16-2013, 04:59 PM
Considering this is Disney I'm pretty sure this will not be a problem. I'm sure Disney gets people with more demanding requests due to dietary needs, kosher, etc. So this shouldn't be a problem I would just advise the hostess/waiter before you receive the meal obviously. :mickey:

Pirate Granny
07-16-2013, 07:03 PM
Just curious...do you just want his plate, or all the plates separate. How do you know what he will eat, as actually the stuffing is on the adult platter...unless you have more than one child, you get the child's meal, see menu below. What do you do when you order other table service meals? Do they bring three or four different plates, or do you just tell them to ensure the food doesn't touch? :confused:

Kids' Mickey Check Meal
Ages 9 and under

Turkey Breast - served with choice of lowfat milk or small bottled water, roasted all natural turkey breast, whole-grain rice pilaf, steamed broccoli and fruit cup.

terri110874
07-17-2013, 01:04 PM
He is considered an adult so he would have to have the adult meal. We would be requesting no fish. So I think he will be ok with meats on 1 plate (no sauces\gravy) veggies on 1 plate , mashed stuffing (stuff he does care for) on 1 plate. I know it sounds crazy but he will not eat things that are different textures to touch.

Arielfan98
07-17-2013, 04:00 PM
Doesn't sound that crazy I work with kids with special needs (not that I'm implying your son is) but they have different needs and some can't eat certain things if they touch certain things so I understand. I'm sure Disney would be more than happy to comply to your request.