PDA

View Full Version : Advantix K9 or Frontline??

Disney4us2
07-15-2013, 12:54 PM
Our dog has never had fleas or tics. Seeing that we are doing a road trip, I want to be prepared.

Which is better??? Advantix K9 or Frontline?

Dulcee
07-15-2013, 02:08 PM
We use Advantage II.

We've had issues with Frontline and Advantix.

DizneyRox
07-15-2013, 02:10 PM
I've noticed no real difference... I use Advantix and my girl spends more time in the woods than out, no ticks this year yet. I'm not super religious about applying it either...

BrerGnat
07-15-2013, 07:12 PM
We use Advantix II. It works great. Our dog brought in several ticks before we started using it. Since, NONE.

You want to make sure whatever you use kills both fleas and ticks and REPELS them as well so they don't have a chance to even bite.

SBETigg
07-15-2013, 08:34 PM
We use Revolution. It's a little more expensive, but it also covers mange and prevents heartworm.

NewDVCowner
07-16-2013, 11:48 AM
I was using Frontline with my dog (the vet suggested using a topical rather than a chewable in case the dog has a reaction to it - the topical can be washed off). I had him on it for several years and it worked, but he hated it (I think it was the smell - my mom's dogs have the same reaction to it, they run when they see her pull it out). Then about two years ago he had an allergic reaction to it. I now give him Trifexis, which doesn't do anything with ticks, unfortunately, but it's better than him swelling up and getting red and itchy. He's not out anywhere that he can really pick them up, though, so it's worked out.