PDA

View Full Version : Adventures by Disney

NY GOOFY
07-13-2013, 08:12 PM
Has anyone used points to book an Adventures by Disney trip. We were thinking of doing something different this year but the point values are INSANE. We are a family of 6 and thinking of doing the Wyoming or Canyon trips but it would cost almost 3000 points! A week in Disney world for the 6 of us costs about 350 points. Why the huge difference. :confused:Who has 3000 points?

VWL Mom
07-15-2013, 07:48 AM
While I don't believe it would be a good use of points you can't really compare the cost of the 2. WDW @ 350 would be room only. AbD @ 3000 includes most meals, all sightseeing and activities, tips, transfers throughout, lodging, etc. I think some of the trips sound fabulous but again not a good use of points IMO.

DizneyRox
07-15-2013, 08:37 AM
Look at the cash cost of the Adventures by Disney vacations and the point cost makes some sense...

Like the cruises, it's not a good use of points...

BrerGnat
07-15-2013, 09:08 AM
I really wonder about these Adventures By Disney trips. People must book them, but for the life of me, I can't understand why they are so expensive. Plus, I have a very hard time with the idea of doing a guided tour,really anywhere. I like to be in control of where I am and what I am doing on vacation.

Using points for these would be a colossal waste, IMO.

Mrs Bus Driver
07-15-2013, 10:28 AM
If you want to do something different with your points look into Vero Beach or Hilton Head. Just from looking at pictures and what I've read online Vero Beach sounds really nice. Or you could exchange with one of the other timeshares. I don't know anything really about other timeshares so maybe someone else could explain better.

DizneyRox
07-15-2013, 01:44 PM
Has anyone used points to book an Adventures by Disney trip. We were thinking of doing something different this year but the point values are INSANE. We are a family of 6 and thinking of doing the Wyoming or Canyon trips but it would cost almost 3000 points! A week in Disney world for the 6 of us costs about 350 points. Why the huge difference. :confused:Who has 3000 points?

BTW - I costed out an ABD trip for three of us, and I think it turned out to be about 11-12K, so for 6 you're looking at 20K plus which as you said, is INSANE! We can do quite a few trips for what Disney wants...