PDA

View Full Version : CSR for families

faberj
07-13-2013, 09:40 AM
We are looking at going back to the world next November and was wondering how CSR is for kids (our DS will be 4 at the time of our trip).
Thanks!
(We have stayed at CSR but it was on business and I really don't remember much about it)

I am also considering AKL (we have stayed there before but not with DS) and WL (never stayed there)

greengeen
07-13-2013, 01:26 PM
Try WL if you have never stayed there. It's a wonderful place for kids (they love the boats, the pool, the geyser) and it's recently refurbished. You won't regret it!!

Pirate Granny
07-13-2013, 03:03 PM
CSR is my least favorite on the moderates...best pool, huge hot tub...but I HATE the counter service and restaurant. That's a deal breaker for me...love both AKL and WL..it really anyplace will be magical for a 4 yrs old...Promise!

hauntedmansiongirl
07-14-2013, 06:59 AM
The Mayan pool is awesome! Food court (Pepper Market) is not great for kids, but there is a small counter service near the main pool.

Buses are great compared to other mods, and the quiet pools are usually dead- conventioneers don't tend to go to the parks as much as vacationing families.

Rooms and landscaping is gorgeous!

Angelgirl65
07-15-2013, 08:46 AM
Oh yes, its great for kids. Our kids love the pool area and the slide is fun for all.

azcavalier
07-15-2013, 09:49 AM
Went two years ago, and it was a very nice resort. We actually liked the food court, but not as much as the one at POR. We tried to eat at Maya Grill one night (had ADRs and everything), but it was closed due to the grill not lighting. So we had to scramble into another restaurant and wound up eating at Kouzzina's. We liked the room, the lake, the pool, etc. I think that your kids will love it.

Kairi_7378
07-18-2013, 07:15 PM
My son (now 4) loves CSR. We have stayed there with him twice. He loved exploring the three areas of the resort. We like this resort's location on property as we rely on the buses for transportation.

steamboat willy
07-19-2013, 10:35 AM
I would 100% go with Wilderness Lodge! As we love Pepper Market for some CS Meals, the Resort still has the feel of a Convention Center. The animals at AKL are great, but the Resort is so "Dark" and "Drery" according to my DW. With that said, dining, the interior of the Wilderness Lodge and the fire place has such a cozy feel. Step outside and your in Yellowstone Park with a beautiful kid friendly powit and Old Faithful in the the background.
BUT.....the very best part is you are in a Magic Kingdom Resort that has BOAT transportation as well as Bus. The ride to the Magic Kingdom is a memory that will stick with you forever.
I would choose Wilderness Lodge over your other choices. :sail:

ThanxForNoticin
07-19-2013, 12:35 PM
All 3 suggestions you have are outstanding. But I wouldn't hesitate in the least staying at CSR with the family - beautiful resort, great pool, good food options. It's a fun place for adults and kids!

LauraF
07-19-2013, 02:05 PM
I love CSR. If it's weren't for the fact that we're buying into DVC, we'd continue to go there.

Now, we don't have kids, but I know the pool would be a hit with them. As well, because CSR is designed with smaller areas within the resort, it allows them to get out and stretch their legs without running laps around the lagoon.

We love AKL, and while the animals make it very kid-friendly, it's a large resort to get around with munchkins. Especially tired ones.