PDA

View Full Version : whats the difference TL & BB

VaderGirl
07-13-2013, 12:27 AM
just wondering whats the better of the water parks. I prefer more lazy river,/wave pool, not big slides but my hubby & son do both. thanks

MargaretMessler
07-13-2013, 08:45 AM
Personally, I think TL has the better wave pool and lazy river. But BB has the better slides. So it's personal preference on what you like, and theming.

Christine
07-13-2013, 09:26 AM
See I like the BB lazy river better because its longer. BUT overall theme and ambience- typhoon lagoon, hands down! It reminds me of Castaway Cay and it has such tropical and lush landscaping. :cloud9:

CaptSmee
07-16-2013, 10:55 AM
Typhoon Lagoon is much more tropical feeling like you are on a vacation. BB is more cartoonish and younger feeling. The slides are top notch at both parks...I just enjoy the lazy river and wave pool much more so at TL as well as the overall ambiance

Dsnygirl
07-24-2013, 10:24 PM
Definitely a TL girl... love the theming and the laid back, relaxed feel. I also enjoy the wave pool more. But my girls prefer the slides at BB... so it really depends on what you're looking for. I could spend the day just lounging at TL.... :marg: :papple::vacation:

K8screen
07-27-2013, 06:16 AM
Another vote for TL. The theming at BB is clever, but all the "snow" means acres of white concrete. Not unlike other less well themed water parks. And also, if you are prone to sunburn, reflection off said white concrete, and lack of trees, will certainly bring it on.
If you have time, do both, as slides at BB are fun, but if you are only doing one, TL every time.

TheVBs
07-29-2013, 07:44 AM
We really prefer TL. It does have a more relaxed, tropical feel. We like the lazy river there better, the slides are great (although we like the family slide at BB much better!). And one thing that we really prefer is that the walking paths are shaded and you can walk around barefoot without scorching your feet. At BB we had to wear water shoes everywhere.

Middle of the Map
10-13-2013, 12:49 PM
BB is kind of stark with all that white concrete and the world's COLDEST waterfall inside the lazy river cave. :freeze:

buzznwoodysmom
10-13-2013, 03:05 PM
We enjoy both parks, but given the choice my entire family would pick TL.

DonaldDuckUSA
10-16-2013, 04:59 PM
TL was way more relaxed feeling. I feel like I spent more time in the water.

Also, while I feel like BB has more intense slides. It seemed to me that TL had more slides with tubes and to add to that, they seemed too have more slides with tubes for two people, meaning son and hubby can ride together. IDK if boys are into riding together, but I thought it was way more fun with a loved one. I love TL.

Awesome_guy
10-16-2013, 11:06 PM
We did both waterparks our first trip and have been alternating every visit since. =)

I'd say both lazy rivers are pretty comparable.

Blizzard Beach:
+ Thrill Slides/Longer Slides/Unique Slides
+ A great Family Raft Attraction
+ Unique "winter" theming
+ Chair Lift (although it's hardly the most efficient means up the hill)

Typhoon Lagoon:
+ Wave Pool far exceeds any other (HUGE waves)
+ Tropical/relaxed feel
+ Unique water 'coaster', a snorkelling experience
+ Shorter/quirkier slides

For a first visit, I would have to give "the win" to TL, especially for the wave pool. Over time, I'd get to both for sure. They're certainly unique to WDW and hard to find anywhere else.

Have fun!

DisneyDanny
10-17-2013, 01:37 AM
TL for me. Better theming. More tube rides. BB may be choice for teens except Tl has the better Wave Pool. But they both are great! I won't have a choice next visit as BB will be shut down for Refurb. May be chilly in Feb any whoo.

Giggy
10-18-2013, 10:12 AM
Have been to both a few times but I'm afraid my post won't be much help in deciding... in my eyes no WDW vacation is complete unless you do both! :D

By coincidence I am wearing my Blizzard Beach t-shirt today from our 2010 visit. :mickey: