PDA

View Full Version : Wishes Desert Party?

Poohbear88
07-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Has anyone been to this? Do you think it is worth it? How much does it cost? How far out can you make the reservations?:confused:

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-12-2013, 10:54 PM
We did it on our last trip, and have booked it again for our next trip.

For us, it's worth it. Especially with DD having trouble with her ankle (she'll be in a wheelchair for this trip), having a place to sit and wait and watch Wishes is great. The desserts are yummy, and it was just, well, fun.

It is expensive though (out $20 - 25/person) and you can't really eat that much dessert, so you don't really get your money's worth in food.

You can book about 60 days in advance ... for example, you can now book through September, and October booking will usually start early August.

Scorpiosammy
07-13-2013, 04:54 PM
I can confirm this. I have already made our ressie for Sept 15th :)

We can't wait :thumbsup:

rjmdds
07-15-2013, 08:57 AM
We have done this a few times. The first two times we did it were when it was relatively new. There was plenty of seating the dessert area was rather large and of course the view was spectacular. The last time we did it, in November 2012, they changed it to maximize the occupancy. Now they minimized the area where the desserts were and packed in more people. It was much less enjoyable and made it feel much less "special". The view was still spectacular but now you had to worry about staking out a spot along the rail, etc, etc. It had a much different feel to it than in the past. It was so much more relaxed and enjoyable in the past. We also felt that the desserts were not as good the last time.

Nonetheless, because of the great view, I would definitely recommend it to do once. I don't think we will be doing it anymore though.

VWL Mom
07-15-2013, 11:17 AM
The current cost (tax incl) is $29.81 per person. We ended up canceling so I can't give a review.

DisneyGiant
07-15-2013, 11:27 AM
We did this when it first started.

We thought it was a good bang for our buck, not for the amount of desserts consumed (which are very small btw) - but for the ability to sit in a comfortable seat while watching the fireworks!!!

Also - they had a photopass person there - so you could get a really nice shot with the castle changing colors in the background.

Not sure if I'd like it so much if they packed so many people in there, that you weren't guaranteed a seat.....

I have sciatic problems, so standing is a painful issue for me - if I'm paying $30 - I'd want a seat!! :D

cer
07-15-2013, 12:40 PM
We did this in June, for us it was a one and done kind of thing. Our table was under the cover, so in order to see the fireworks we had to stand and move out from under it, and this is quite a few tables, so really you are still standing with a group of people. (It is not really a problem, but if you are expecting to be able to sit and watch, you likely won't be.)

The line and organization of the dessert buffet was poor. They should have the grab and go desserts in one area, the ice cream dipper/make your own sundae person in another area and then a separate area for drinks and silverware, but they did not ask me.

There was one dessert that I did not get to try, I went back for it and there were no more and no more coming out, so I recommend getting whatever you must try early on.

I am glad we did it, it was a fun time, but once is enough for us.

Also, line up when they tell you to - I can't remember when that is, but they tell you when you make your reservations to line up at ______. You absolutely need to be there at the start of the party. I saw at least one couple arriving close to firework time and the desserts are mostly gone by then.

fanofdisney
07-16-2013, 09:58 AM
We did the dessert party last July. We loved it. My recommendation is to get there when they have it set up and start letting people in. We decided to ride Dumbo and it took longer than we planned. I would have liked to have been there earlier, but it was still worth it to us. There is no telling when they will start taking reservations for your date. They don't seem to have a system down to a number of days out. I just checked online just about every day until our dates were available. It usually sells out.

RALPH
07-17-2013, 05:58 PM
We just scored a reservation this year after calling most every day for the last month. Missed it last year. My DW and I are really looking forward to this.

faberj
07-19-2013, 09:36 PM
We tried it last year (Nov 2012). I wanted to be able to enjoy the fireworks with our 2 year old son an not be cramped and on top of people. So the price alone for that was worth it to us. The desserts were a bonus.
It was nice we could also see the MSEP from there too.
We are already talking about booking it for our trip next year. :mickey:

Katzateer
07-20-2013, 07:57 AM
We used to sit in that location before it was reserved for the dessert party. Great view and if you look for the wire, you are right under Tink if she flys.

I think for the money ( and if it reopens in time) California Grill is a much better option. You can book for a time before the fireworks, just go for dessert and coffee, and get a fantastic view. The view from the balcony is great but be sure and go out 10-15 minutes before showtime to get a rail spot. Dessert runs about $15 or less and is sooooo good. I'd rather get one wonderful dessert than a bunch of little bites for that much money.

Hope you have fun either way!:thumbsup: