PDA

View Full Version : Southwest ?

Poohbear88
07-12-2013, 07:29 PM
Does anyone know if there are any certain days of the week when southwest lowers prices?? Just wondering.

MargaretMessler
07-12-2013, 07:34 PM
I've heard Monday or Tuesday, not sure if that's true or not.

faline
07-12-2013, 07:46 PM
Hard to say. It depends on which airport you're using and whether or not Southwest needs additional traffic from that area.

If you haven't done so, I'd recommend signing up for their on-line notifications of special airfare prices.

Fangorn
07-12-2013, 07:51 PM
There are no set days. SW changes prices constantly -any day, sometimes several times in one day. that said, you are most likely to see changes on tuesdays. My suggestion is to check every day after 10 am Central Time. If you find a fare you're comfortable with, grab it. It could be gone in 5 minutes.

Steve

Poohbear88
07-12-2013, 09:09 PM
Great!! Thanks for the help!

cer
07-12-2013, 10:26 PM
SW changes prices constantly -any day, sometimes several times in one day. that said, you are most likely to see changes on tuesdays. My suggestion is to check every day after 10 am Central Time. If you find a fare you're comfortable with, grab it. It could be gone in 5 minutes.

Steve

This is true. There was one Tuesday I saw 3 different prices. Do not hesitate if you see a good deal.

Fangorn
07-13-2013, 01:37 AM
Another tidbit - just to add to the fun: :D

When you check prices, always check the price for a single ticket - even if you need 4. Not all tickets have the same price, even within a specific fare type (Wanna Get Away Fare, for example). There could be 2 tickets available at say $100, 4 at $120 and 40 at $140 (this happens for a number of reasons, and it does happen - frequently). If you search for 4 tickets, you'll be quoted the $120 price for each of the 4 tickets. If you searched for 6 tickets, you'd be quoted $140 each. But if you needed 4 tickets, you could actually purchase 2 @ $100 and 2 @ $120. But you won't know the lower tickets are available unless you specifically look for the price of a single ticket.

Steve

cer
07-13-2013, 05:48 AM
Another thing that I have started doing is to book my flights one way each way instead of round trip. That way if a better price comes out, you can change one part of the trip and not risk losing the good deal you have on the other part.

Crow
07-14-2013, 11:48 AM
interesting tips. thanks
right now for Sept Oct its showing $174 one way from Philly to Orlando so ill wait to see

DizneyRox
07-14-2013, 12:57 PM
Another tidbit - just to add to the fun: :D

When you check prices, always check the price for a single ticket - even if you need 4. Not all tickets have the same price, even within a specific fare type (Wanna Get Away Fare, for example). There could be 2 tickets available at say $100, 4 at $120 and 40 at $140 (this happens for a number of reasons, and it does happen - frequently). If you search for 4 tickets, you'll be quoted the $120 price for each of the 4 tickets. If you searched for 6 tickets, you'd be quoted $140 each. But if you needed 4 tickets, you could actually purchase 2 @ $100 and 2 @ $120. But you won't know the lower tickets are available unless you specifically look for the price of a single ticket.

Steve
This... If I don't like the price I check one ticket and see what it says. Could get complicated booking since you'll have more than one reservation number, etc, but you can often save money..

BrerGnat
07-15-2013, 09:36 AM
Southwest releases their "Sale Fares" on Wednesdays. Not every Wed, mind you, but when they do sales, that is the day they are generally released.

AZ Disney
07-16-2013, 04:13 PM
They also have a great low fare calculator tool that is really great to see all fares at a glance.