PDA

View Full Version : MVMVP tickets

IloveJack
07-12-2013, 11:14 AM
I'm going to preface this by saying I know none of you know, but I'm asking for an educated guess.

We're planning an early December trip, and already have reservations, plus the majority of the trip paid for. However, I quit my teaching job, now that we have 3 kids under school age, and am planning to work from home. I don't think plans are going to fall through, but there's always a chance when changing jobs. Anyhow... If so, we will have to postpone our trip.
All that to say, I don't want to buy non-refundable MVMCP tickets until I know for sure. How likely is it that a Sunday night, beginning of December party will sell out? I know it's impossible to know for sure, but do Sunday nights traditionally sell out? I can change dates if I must, but this is our arrival day, and it fits well with our schedule.
Thanks!

Strmchsr
07-12-2013, 11:35 AM
As you said, impossible to know for sure, but usually Sunday nights don't sell out. We're planning on being there the same time. I'm waiting until closer to time to buy tickets. If it sells out, I don't want to be there anyway.

faline
07-12-2013, 05:16 PM
I agree with Chris. We've often seen party tickets on sale for the day of the party particularly when the day after the party would be a normal work day for many.

faberj
07-16-2013, 08:11 PM
I will have to remember this our next trip. We went to the first MVMCP last year and it was wall to wall people! They were having a hard time getting non party guests out of the park before the parade too! I was disappointed to see the number of people that were trying to stay that did not have a party ticket.

faline
07-16-2013, 08:37 PM
I was disappointed to see the number of people that were trying to stay that did not have a party ticket.

This, unfortunately, is a constant issue. We have seen cast members be pretty diligent about this - setting up various checkpoints throughout the park and not allowing anyone by who did not have a wristband. At one party, one family was in a long line to get a picture and, when they finally got to the front of the line, they were turned away because they did not have wristbands.