PDA

View Full Version : Rental car

Shea&Sky'smom
07-12-2013, 01:56 AM
Staying on the grounds at WL, but leaving the property for a day trip off site. Any recommendations on getting a rental car in Disney?

VWL Mom
07-12-2013, 06:43 AM
If you're staying at WL, Alamo and National are both at the WDW Care Car Center. If you're not already members, sign-up for their frequent traveler clubs & emails.

I never picked a car up there but have dropped ones off. I was able to get a good rate with Alamo using their Insiders Club discount.

BTW :welcome: to INTERCOT

Imalismom
07-12-2013, 06:46 AM
There is also an Alamo site right at Shades of Green.

Pirate Granny
07-12-2013, 08:03 AM
A car rental place is also at either the Swan or Dolphin...not sure which, but years ago I dropped a car off there.

faline
07-12-2013, 09:29 AM
A car rental place is also at either the Swan or Dolphin...not sure which, but years ago I dropped a car off there.

I believe both Alamo and National aret there as well but they have more limited hours than the car care center (at least the last time I checked).

I also suggest checking the rates of both. Even though they are sister organizations and located at the same place, I found differences in costs between the two - even for the same car and the same length of use.

DizneyFreak2002
07-12-2013, 10:24 AM
I used Dollar a few years ago (2011)... They are located at the Westin on Hotel Plaza Boulevard by DTD... Got a convertible for a week at a price cheaper than the other car rental places where charging for a standard car... But, I have taken notice that Dollar's prices seem to have skyrocketed since then...

When I dropped the car off, I put the keys in a little envelope and slid them into a lock box... And I walked across the street top DTD to meet friends... Very easy process...

Fangorn
07-12-2013, 12:29 PM
Yet another option:

Enterprise is at the Royal Plaza hotel on Hotel Row by DTD. They'll pick you up at your hotel, and take you back when you check the car back in. I usually use Alamo, but I used Enterprise last December (they're also a sister company of Alamo and National) and they were fantastic to deal with. Not to mention being significantly cheaper than either of their siblings - both at the the airport and on property. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Steve

MargaretMessler
07-12-2013, 04:01 PM
Check into Budget, located at one of the DTD area hotels. (Can't remember which one, sorry :() I remember we got a pretty good rate there a few years back.