PDA

View Full Version : Cap'n Jack's Restaurant to Close 8/17/13

Figment!
07-11-2013, 07:52 PM
8/11/13

Cap'n Jack's Restaurant has confirmed that the location will permanently close on 8/17/13.

7/1//13

It has been internally announced that Cap'n Jack's Restaurant located in Downtown Disney Marketplace will close during August 2013.

An exact closure date was not included in the announcement. Operations have reported the location is tentatively scheduled to close August 17th, although Advanced Dining Reservation availability could indicate a closure closer to August 31st.

The closure will reportedly allow for future developments as part of the Disney Springs Project.

Itchy
07-11-2013, 08:50 PM
I for one will not miss Capt Jacks. We had to many bad meals.

I do look forward to see the changes that will be made.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-12-2013, 10:22 AM
This is a bit of a sentimental favourite of ours, but we haven't been there in years, because of the bad reviews.

Oh well, I'm looking forward to renewal at Disney, so this is a good change!

#1donaldfan
07-12-2013, 01:25 PM
:cool:YEAH !!! We had such a bad experience there !! YUCK !! We had walked by there two years wanting to go so bad, finally made reservations and it was such a flop !! The service was terrible, the food was horrible .... I guess we had such grand expectations at such a level that no place could match !! Oh well, I'm glad Disney is making way for bigger n better things !!:cool:

Ms. Mode
07-12-2013, 03:04 PM
CJ's was the first place we ate on our first ever trip to WDW. It was in 2004, everything was packed and we finally went to DTD and they seated us at the bar. It was GREAT! The food tasted so good there we never could understand the bad reviews. Maybe we were just starving. :blush:

Figment!
08-11-2013, 11:51 AM
**Update**