PDA

View Full Version : any other freebies??

TFrauts
07-10-2013, 11:37 PM
We are just curious...

Fort Wilderness has a nightly campfire with Chip and Dale, and a movie...(WHICH SOUNDS AWESOMEEEEE)

Do any other resorts offer anything like this? I was really surprised to find out about this, and really excited to take my boys...I think they will LOOOVE it! We leave next week for AKL!

Pirate Granny
07-11-2013, 06:42 AM
AKL will have a campfire and movie somewhere on site too! All the resorts do now. At the BCV they pass out sticks and marshmallows for free for the campfire marshmallow roast. Only characters and sing song are at the campgrounds. Our DGS loved it!

AgentC
07-11-2013, 07:34 AM
Make sure you look through the activities calendar when you check it. AKL has lots of activities like tours, drum playing, arts & crafts, storytelling, etc. Some of the activities do cost money, but most are free. I'm not sure how old your boys are but the kid's club usually has an arts and crafts related activity everyday. Sometimes those are not listed on the calendar but posted in the hotel.

Have a great time. AKL is one of my favorites.:mickey:

faline
07-11-2013, 07:42 AM
Most of the resorts list activities that take place at the resorts. I've seen hula hoop contests and trivia contests around the pools in the afternoon. Wilderness Lodge offers a tour of the Lodge. Folks staying there can also request to be Flag Family and go up to the roof to help raise the flag in the morning (only one family per day). When we stayed Club Level, we noticed the flag family was then invited to breakfast out of the Club Level offerings. Wilderness Lodge also has a Hidden Mickey hunt (inquire at the desk for the sheet of hints to help find them).

faline
07-11-2013, 07:43 AM
Animal Kingdom Lodge typically has a storyteller each evening around the firepit. They also offer night vision goggles for animal viewing after dark.

MyDisneyworld
07-11-2013, 08:30 AM
AKL does have a movie night and it's located by the tennis courts. They have a giant inflatable screen that they set up in the field next to it. They will give you a list of activities at check in.

We love this resort, enjoy your stay.....

WDWdriver
07-11-2013, 09:11 AM
Most of the Disney resorts have free movies at night, usually in the pool area. Check the recreation calendar or ask at the front desk.

JMTStone
07-11-2013, 10:10 AM
Vero also has a campfire with Smores. They have entertainment - camp-style. Its a LOT of fun.

cer
07-11-2013, 10:27 AM
At Fort Wilderness there is a charge for the smores fixings (or you can bring your own) - at your home deluxe reosrt (maybe moderates, too - not sure) I think they are complimentary (included in the price of your hotel room). This is what I have heard or read somewhere - maybe someone else will come along to confirm.

The movies are free and can be enjoyed at all the resorts. The Values I where I have stayed show the movies poolside so you can even watch while you swim!

AgentC
07-11-2013, 10:44 AM
At Fort Wilderness there is a charge for the smores fixings (or you can bring your own) - at your home deluxe reosrt (maybe moderates, too - not sure) I think they are complimentary (included in the price of your hotel room). This is what I have heard or read somewhere - maybe someone else will come along to confirm.

The movies are free and can be enjoyed at all the resorts. The Values I where I have stayed show the movies poolside so you can even watch while you swim!

I do remember being charged for the s'mores package once a long time ago but I can't remember which resort it was. Over the last two years we have been to the camp fire at several deluxe including AKL and moderate resorts. The s'mores were complimentary. I've never done it at a value so I am not sure is they are complimentary there.

Mrs Bus Driver
07-11-2013, 12:09 PM
Animal Kingdom Lodge typically has a storyteller each evening around the firepit. They also offer night vision goggles for animal viewing after dark.

Where at AKL do you get the night vision goggles? Thanks :mickey:

cer
07-11-2013, 12:55 PM
I do remember being charged for the s'mores package once a long time ago but I can't remember which resort it was. Over the last two years we have been to the camp fire at several deluxe including AKL and moderate resorts. The s'mores were complimentary. I've never done it at a value so I am not sure is they are complimentary there.

I've never even seen a fire pit at the Values. Is there one? Anyone know?

#1donaldfan
07-12-2013, 01:29 PM
I've never even seen a fire pit at the Values. Is there one? Anyone know?

No camp fire at the values, but they do have movie nights !!

faline
07-12-2013, 05:17 PM
Where at AKL do you get the night vision goggles? Thanks :mickey:

There's typically a cast member out by the animal viewing areas that has them available. The resort's daily planner would list where and when you can find them.

Mrs Bus Driver
07-13-2013, 11:06 AM
There's typically a cast member out by the animal viewing areas that has them available. The resort's daily planner would list where and when you can find them.

Thank you, this will be a nice perk if I end up staying there. :mickey:

MargaretMessler
07-13-2013, 03:22 PM
Whereabouts and what time is the nightly campfire with smores thing at FW. Doing Mickey's BBQ, and thought we might explore FW a little before heading back.

I know every resort gives you a listing of activities when you check in, is there somewhere you can find a listing for other resorts of things like this?

faline
07-14-2013, 02:36 PM
Whereabouts and what time is the nightly campfire with smores thing at FW. Doing Mickey's BBQ, and thought we might explore FW a little before heading back.

The monthly posting of movies (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=200016&highlight=fire+time)in the Camping forum has more information. It is held near the Meadow Trading Post.

TFrauts
07-15-2013, 02:11 AM
Thank you so much everyone for your input.... Definitely very helpful! I can't believe 5 days left until we leave...