PDA

View Full Version : Park Hopper and Water Park Ticket

McGeorge
07-10-2013, 10:03 PM
I'm heading to DW for the second time this year in August! We're considering getting a six-day park hopper ticket with the water park option. I understand that this would give me six "fun visits" for things like the water park, mini golf, etc. I'm wondering how flexible this is. Let's say I wanted to use my six-day park hopper from Monday through Saturday. Can I use one of my "fun visits" on the Sunday before the Monday that I plan to start visiting parks? Or will this kill one of my park hopper days? Sorry if this is confusing, but hopefully someone can help me. Thanks!

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-10-2013, 10:13 PM
The park tickets are separate from the "other" options.

So yes, you can use an option for mini-golf, and it won't have any impact on your park ticket days.

A couple of examples that might help:

One day, you go to MK and to Epcot. This uses 1 day park admission, and 0 options.

Another day, you go to DHS and a waterpark. This uses 1 day park admission and 1 option.

Another day, you play mini-golf. This uses 1 option, but 0 park days.

Tickets at Disney are crazy confusing!

mgmnut
07-10-2013, 10:55 PM
The park tickets are separate from the "other" options.

So yes, you can use an option for mini-golf, and it won't have any impact on your park ticket days.

A couple of examples that might help:

One day, you go to MK and to Epcot. This uses 1 day park admission, and 0 options.

Another day, you go to DHS and a waterpark. This uses 1 day park admission and 1 option.

Another day, you play mini-golf. This uses 1 option, but 0 park days.

Tickets at Disney are crazy confusing!

Can you go to a water park, play mini golf, etc on days before you activate you ticket at one of the 4 Theme Parks? Or could you essentially use your 6 otions for 6 days before you even go to a theme park, getting 12 days out of a 6 day Water Parks and More Ticket ?

The options expire when the last day on the ticket is used correct?

gerald72
07-11-2013, 01:00 AM
Yes, you can. You can use all your water park options before using any of your park days.
But, keep in mind,you don't get 6 water park "days." You get 6 "visits." Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon in the same day uses up 2 visits.
And also remember they expire after 14 days, unless you purchase No-expiration option.

Auntie B
07-11-2013, 02:47 PM
Is it possible to purchase a 1 day ticket to a waterpark? If so, is that less expensive than having the waterpark option added to your park hopper?

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-11-2013, 03:40 PM
Yes, you can purchase a one-day waterpark ticket. Price is $53 + tax (so $56 or so).

Adding water parks to a park hopper ticket can be cheaper, especially if you're going to use more than one of the "plus" options (such as a visit to a waterpark AND mini golf).

Quickly, on a 10-day park hopping ticket, adding waterparks and more is only $25. Much less than a one-day water park ticket, and you get multiple "fun options".

The 10-day hopper ticket is $423.87, while a 10-day hopper with waterparks, etc is $450.50.

McGeorge
07-13-2013, 10:59 PM
Thanks all! This was very helpful!