PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon Cafe Skillet

4disneynuts
07-10-2013, 04:40 PM
Does anyone know if you can still get the pulled pork as an option for the dinner skillet. I see on some sites they mention ribs, chicken, steak, fish but do not mention the pulled pork. That is the only meat I like on the skillet and don't want to make a ressie if they no longer have it.:mickey:

VWL Mom
07-10-2013, 04:55 PM
In the description from the WDW site, pulled pork is an option.

Build-Your-Own "All-You-Care-To-Enjoy" Family Platter
Choice of Three: Kansas City-style Smoked Pork Ribs, Barbecue Pulled Pork, Herb-baked Chicken, Hand-carved Oak-roasted Beef Strip Loin, Citrus-crusted Market Fish, or Western-style Sausage. Sides for Sharing: Seasonal Farm Fresh Vegetables, Herb-crushed Yukon Gold Potatoes, Cowboy-style Baked Beans, and Corn on the Cob. Dessert Sampler: Chocolate Cake, Cheesecake, and Fruit Buckle

4disneynuts
07-10-2013, 04:57 PM
Thank you! Yipppeee! Got to get my ressie made. :cloud9:

mydisneygirls
07-11-2013, 10:42 AM
Just an FYI: The skillet is not what it once was. The food no longer comes out in a "skillet" but on white plates I am not a picky eater by any means but the food, in my opinion, wasn't very good. The beef strip loin was pieces of eye round roast (and when we ate there, they brought us 3 pieces), the ribs were dry, didn't like the potatoes and salad isn't included anymore but you can order it for an extra $7. We used to love eating here but don't go anymore. Much better food elsewhere. We stay at WL and when we were there last Sept, I never noticed the restaurant crowded like it used to be. If you haven't been in a couple years, just thought you'd like to know it's not the same!

#1donaldfan
07-11-2013, 12:13 PM
Really? We hadn't been there in a few years and was just this year going back !!! Maybe we'll do breakfast there !:mickey:

mydisneygirls
07-11-2013, 02:44 PM
Yes really!!! Breakfast looks good.

4disneynuts
07-11-2013, 04:04 PM
Thank your for the heads up. I actually made a ressie for lunch instead of dinner. I can get a pulled pork sandwich and my DH can get the ribs at lunch time. Those are the two main things we liked anyway.:thumbsup: Oh and my husband can get his all time favorite dessert at disney the apple caramel pie! They don't have that at dinner anymore. I wish they would go back to the old menu. Hopefully the lunch will be good. :eat:

mydisneygirls
07-12-2013, 02:01 PM
Let me know how lunch is. I wish they would go back to the old menu too!

crltkcagle
07-12-2013, 04:36 PM
We have always been huge fans of WCC and the skillet but we find lately the food quality has gone down. It seems the first wave of food is really good and when you ask for seconds they tend to bring out fatty meat. I think we are going to start skipping this restaurant tradition from now on. :down:

GoBlueLacheta
07-19-2013, 10:23 PM
Very disappointed with WCC. We used to enjoy it and the quality of food and service has seemed to decline. May have been just that night but they had one poor server taking care of about 6 tables which included two groups of over 8 and the food was a mess coming out.

We were a party of two as well as an older couple next to us and they were not too pleased. We just made the best of it. They forgot part of our main course part of our "skillet" and it came way to late to even think of enjoying it at that point.

Better options in the World for the same price.

DizneyFreak2002
07-19-2013, 11:38 PM
Worst meal I ever had at WDW: Whispering Canyon Cafe... That is a fact... I rather lick the inside of a lunch room microwave than eat there again...