PDA

View Full Version : LM Room Question

tinkerbell615
07-09-2013, 11:51 PM
My family is planning a trip for next summer. We were deciding on a suite or 2 LM rooms at AoA. I really think my grandson would love the theming of the suites, but I think we would have more room in 2 LM rooms. We walked through the cars area last year and he loved it. We really want to stay at AoA! For those who have stayed in the LM rooms or visited them, do you think that a 7 year old boy would be okay with the LM room? I am thinking that he really wouldn't mind, because he would love to be able to see and walk through all of the other areas. I would appreciate your opinions.

etibbetts
07-10-2013, 08:17 AM
We stayed there in November and my nephew was 9 at the time. He loved the room/section. He found it very under the sea. The only Ariel in the room is on the divider curtain to the bathroom. Everything else is very generic sea / little mermaid stuff. Pull up pictures of the rooms and show him to see what he would think.

My nephew loved being at AOA and was disappointed we weren't staying there again for our trip this year.

MargaretMessler
07-10-2013, 09:14 AM
I didn't find it overly "girlie", so your nephew should be just fine.

brie9877
07-10-2013, 09:28 AM
agree with previous poster - its not overly girlie.
it has mostly teal color themeing. if he is a Disney fan im sure he will have a great time!

AgentC
07-10-2013, 10:57 AM
I have stayed in a Little Mermaid and a Nemo Suite. I think a 7 year old would be fine in a Little Mermaid room. As others have mentioned, it more sea themed than princess themed.

As far as walking around, I don't think it really matters which section you stay in. From the Little Mermaid you do have to walk through the Lion King section to get anywhere, but you do not walk through Cars and every section goes through Nemo.

2 Little Mermaid rooms at 277 sq ft actually have slightly less room than one suite at 565 sq ft.

I think the most important factors is the type of room set up, the type of beds and the price.

The LM rooms are a traditional room with 2 double beds and a standard bath. The sink is outside and there is a privacy curtain between the dressing/bath area and the main room. It does offer more privacy that the suites and it less expensive.

The suite offers 2 baths- the master and a standard. The master has a large walk in shower. Both have doors. The master bedroom has a queen size bed and also has a door. The main area has the pull down bed over the table and the pull out couch. Those two rooms do flow into each other.

We travelled as a party of 5. My husband and I took the master, the kids the pull down and my mom, the pull out. It was comfortable for everyone.

We have also done two rooms before and that works equally well especially if you get connecting rooms.

I think either option will work fine. :)

tinkerbell615
07-10-2013, 11:45 AM
Thank you everyone for your responses. They are greatly appreciated! :mickey: