PDA

View Full Version : Rooms P.O.R - French Quarter HELP!

lil-red
07-09-2013, 03:51 PM
My fiance and I are staying at the Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter in December for our honeymoon. Does anyone know which room would be the best???

WDWCrazyKaren
07-09-2013, 03:55 PM
We love building 6, upper floor. It's very close to the registration building, yet not next to the pool where it can get loud. That's what I'll be requesting!

kakn7294
07-09-2013, 04:17 PM
Any of them! Seriously, none are really that far from anything. We've been in building 4 several times and like that location. It's conveniently located just across the courtyard from the bus stop and right next to the main building.

Strmchsr
07-09-2013, 04:44 PM
:ditto: There's not a bad room. If you want something special for your honeymoon go the extra and get a river view (which is what my wife and I did at POFQ 17 years ago!). Otherwise any room you get will be great.

And :welcome: to Intercot!!

lil-red
07-15-2013, 02:57 PM
Excellent! Thank you all so much for all the help. Does anyone know how soon I could go ahead and request a specific room or building?

Strmchsr
07-15-2013, 03:27 PM
Request it on your room reservation when you book your room. If you book through Disney, tell the CM you're talking to. If you book through a TA (and I definitely recommend Magical Journeys!!!) tell your agent and they'll note it on the reservation for you. You can't call the resort direct. It has to be on the reservation and keep in mind there's no guarantees unless you pay for a specific level of room (like a pool view or river view).

garymacd
07-15-2013, 07:02 PM
We have stayed in many rooms at POFQ. The only one we didn't like was an accessibility room. It was set up for a wheel chair which we didn't have and a wheel up shower with no tub. My wife loves her tub when we come back to the room in the evening.

Other than that, all the rooms are great. They are usually all about the same size. Corner rooms are mainly King Bed Rooms and have two windows.

The resort is small enough that you can walk anywhere in it in a matter of minutes. Our favourite building is #4, very close to the food court, no view of any service areas (no building has a bad view), close enough to the pools without overlooking them, beautiful views of the river or gardens.