PDA

View Full Version : Old One Day Tickets

princessesmom
07-09-2013, 12:45 PM
When we were last at WDW in February 2009, we decided to try the dining plan. We already had no expiration tickets from a prior trip we were using, so we all got a 1 day ticket in order to add the dining plan to our package. I still have those tickets and plan to use them for our February 2014 trip. From what I have read, I believe we can add additional days and options. Does anyone know if this is true and what the process would be? Thanks!

VWL Mom
07-09-2013, 02:28 PM
If they have never been used they would indeed qualify to be added on to.

PopPhan
07-09-2013, 02:43 PM
Use the ticket first to enter a park, then before the day is out, have them upgraded. That way, you get the "current" value of the ticket against the cost of the additional days.

If you upgrade the tickets prior to use, you will only get the value of the ticket "when it was purchased." With this increases in ticket prices, this could save you some money.

princessesmom
07-09-2013, 04:10 PM
Thanks so much! So it won't be a problem that there is only one day on the tickets and we are using it enter a park before adding on more days?

One more question - my son was under 9 when we bought the tickets but is now 12. Can we upgrade his to an adult or are we out of luck with his ticket?

MyDisneyworld
07-10-2013, 02:02 PM
We have cashed in old tickets on 2 different trips and did them both before entering the park. This last one my wife had an old ticket from a long time ago (kids ticket) and they gave us the current rate off a multiday ticket. We just went to the ticket booth before entering the park and they told us our options and the best one to do. Very easy and not a hassle at all.

The one ticket was so old they suggeted taking a photo of it first just to remember what they use to look like.

Enjoy your trip.