PDA

View Full Version : AquaDuck

Suz36
07-08-2013, 10:55 PM
We are really looking forward to our first cruise, and I have a million questions rolling around in my brain. I'll start here - what kind of waits have you experienced for the water coaster?

JMTStone
07-09-2013, 07:53 AM
We are really looking forward to our first cruise, and I have a million questions rolling around in my brain. I'll start here - what kind of waits have you experienced for the water coaster?

We were on the Dream. I waited up to 20 minutes.... But the wait time was MUCH shorter at night while everyone was dinner/shows (AND LIT UP) and shorter while people were on excursions.

curealsoon
07-09-2013, 09:35 AM
We were on the Dream June 20-23 (our first cruise). We rode on the first day around 1-130 and the wait was about 10 minutes. We rode several times the second day (Nassau day) between 1 and 3 and the wait was around 30 minutes each time.

Hope you have a wonderful time, we cannot wait to go again!

E-OR
07-09-2013, 10:27 AM
We were on the Dream in March. Wait time was approx. 25 min. The water on the Aquaduck was so cold. I only rode in once. We are going to be on the Dream the first week of September and want to go again, just hoping for a little warmer water.

Basket Mommy
07-09-2013, 10:22 PM
We were on the Fantasy June 8-15. I didn't even bother to ride the Aquaduck until the last day (our day at Castaway Cay). The line was always at least halfway down the stairs (which are *extremely* hot!) We skipped Castaway Cay (did it twice on our Dream cruise last year) and spent the day at the pool. The Aquaduck didn't even open until 1 pm, but after it did we rode it several times in a row with only a few minutes in between.

Christine
07-10-2013, 12:24 AM
Definitely worth the wait though- I really enjoyed it! :number1:

GreenBeetle
07-10-2013, 10:54 AM
Definitely worth the time spent in line. Lots of fun! But you will quickly learn the best "off times" to get in a quick ride or two once you are on the ship. :thumbsup:

BrerGnat
07-11-2013, 09:40 AM
Longest wait we had was about 20 minutes (this was last August, 5 night cruise).

Best time to ride is 9am, right when it opens. Everyone is having breakfast, so no one is on it for a good 30-60 minutes. Around 10am, the lines start to form.

Also, the water is ALWAYS cold. We were on an August cruise and it was HOT, but the Aquaduck water was quite a shock, it was freezing!

Donald A
07-11-2013, 11:11 AM
We took the Thanksgiving cruise on the Dream last year. I went on when we were docked in Nassau. I walked right on. It wasn't fantastic as if it is at all cool the water jets are cold. Neat experience though. I went by myself, I think if it is crowded you have to have someone with you?

lightyearfan
07-11-2013, 11:24 AM
it all depends on when you decide to ride it. when me and dw did the fantasy cruise in march we had 2 days at sea, and we never waited longer than 10 min at any point, then we did a dream cruise and same thing , we'll be doing another dream cruise in sept i'll try to remember and update this upon return

joanna71985
07-11-2013, 11:31 AM
When I was on the Dream, I went during the day we were at Nassau. I rode 3-4 times in a row, in less then 45 minutes. It was awesome! I wasn't able to go on my Fantasy cruise unfortunately (I kept putting it off the first few days, and the last few it was closed due to the hurricane). I hope to go again in Sept

it all depends on when you decide to ride it. when me and dw did the fantasy cruise in march we had 2 days at sea, and we never waited longer than 10 min at any point, then we did a dream cruise and same thing , we'll be doing another dream cruise in sept i'll try to remember and update this upon return

When are you sailing? I'll be on the Dream Sept 8