PDA

View Full Version : tapatalk?

seanyred
07-08-2013, 12:20 AM
Now when I go to your site on my phone I get a add to download tapatalk. Is Intercot signed up with tapatalk now?

John
07-08-2013, 07:07 AM
Experimenting is more like it - looking for ways to bring the mobile experience to the site without hurting advertising revenue. Unfortunately, tapatalk isn't set up very well in that department so I'm not sure we are going to keep it around and are more likely going to deploy a mobile version of vbulletin.

Been reading up on the pros and cons.

In order to allow ad support on tapatalk so our sponsors can be seen, we'd have to pay $30 a month for a branded version of the app which then would also mean we'd need an android play and apple app store developer account too which means more $$.

seanyred
07-08-2013, 10:51 AM
Good to know. Thanks John. I won't bother downloading tapatalk. I do hope you can get some sort of mobile solution. If a app is developed I wouldn't have any issue paying for the app to help off set some of your costs. I enjoy intercot so I think a small one time fee would be worth it.

John
07-08-2013, 12:21 PM
I've left it on for now - though have turned the prompt banner off.

The issue I've read from forum owners is that folks use the client, but never see ads - and then revenues drop a significant amount.

As we're advertiser driven and count on that revenue to run the site and bring the magic to you - that's a big problem.

With the mobile version of vBulletin, I believe you can at least show ads (though I am not sure if they are as effective as with the full version of the site). I really need to study up on this a little more.

I want to make it as easy as possible to participate here but at the same time, can't survive without the sponsors and advertising - so you can see the conundrum!

If everyone who visits just clicked on an ad they found interesting each day - we wouldn't have any issues at all ;)