PDA

View Full Version : Better Week Go - Week Before Labor Day or Labor Day Week?

roma1625
07-07-2013, 05:19 PM
We're thinking of making a trip either the week before Labor Day or Labor Day week. Probably will rent a house in Windsor Palms or Windsor Hills, so hotel prices are not my concern - mainly just theme park hours and crowds (Disney and Universal). Everything considered, which week would you pick?

Thanks for your thoughts!

faline
07-07-2013, 05:34 PM
Both weeks should be about the same crowd-wise. Labor Day weekend, of course, sees an increase in crowds but they are typically manageable.

Park hours will not be as long as they are in the midst of summer. As crowd levels decrease, park hours shorten.

Weather will still be very hot and humid. Expect a thunder shower somewhere in the area on an almost daily basis - may not hit where you are but they will be around. It is also hurricane season so a tropical storm and/or hurricane - however unlikely - is not out of the question.

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
07-07-2013, 06:05 PM
The crowds after Labor Day will be less.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Both weeks are very similar.

Crowds may be slightly less the week after Labour Day, but the week before is fairly slow too. As soon as school starts, in parts of the country, the crowds drop rather quickly at Disney.

I'd go with whatever week works best with the rest of your schedule.

azcavalier
07-08-2013, 08:23 AM
We usually go in the months of late Oct - early Dec, but this year we are going to be there the week before, and up to, Labor Day. Our school year is actually pushed back this year and doesn't start until Sept. 4th, and so we're taking that opportunity to take all of our kids (for the last time in a long time) and spend 8 days at WDW. Gonna try some stuff we've never tried before, such as DisneyQuest and both water parks. We're also splurging and staying at the Beach Club. We figure that it is going to be hot, so we will need as much water fun as possible.

I guess this doesn't answer the OP's question, but since we're going around that time, I thought i'd chime in! We've been told that this week is a great week, crowd-wise. Not looking forward to the heat, though.

roma1625
07-10-2013, 09:21 AM
It looks like the hours for both Disney and Universal are a little bit better the week before Labor day, so we'll probably go then.

Thanks!