PDA

View Full Version : good choice of cabin????

magicland
07-07-2013, 03:11 PM
Just wondering if anyone has had a cabin at the very back of the ship. I've always been midship and enjoyed it, but have a chance for a cabin way back on deck 8, I believe. Are there any negatives to having a cabin back there? Any positives? Thanks for any input.

CanadianWDWFan
07-07-2013, 03:26 PM
Just wondering if anyone has had a cabin at the very back of the ship. I've always been midship and enjoyed it, but have a chance for a cabin way back on deck 8, I believe. Are there any negatives to having a cabin back there? Any positives? Thanks for any input.
Recently we booked a cabin at the stern on deck 8 on the Fantasy, we sail Christmas 2014!! From what we have heard when docking, you can feel the vibrations when the thrusters are used. Also,the elevators are hardly ever busy.

The way I look at it, they really aren't going to put the larger suites in a part of the ship where there would be issues.

DisneyDudet
07-28-2013, 03:28 PM
We were upgraded from am ocean view room all the way forward on the Dream to one almost in the very aft area with a verandah. It was right above a club, so we heard the music from there until they closed. That is more of a floor issue than forward, mid, or aft issue. The BEST part was that it was so close to the aft stairs and up to Cabanas! You literally walk right into it!

We did feel the thrusters and such more in this area, it really was only an issue when we were pulling in and out of ports (and at that point, we were usually up on deck watching or on our verandah). We knew to check it out when we could feel it :)

Tink1
07-28-2013, 05:09 PM
I have been known to book cruises based on what Aft cabin/balcony I can get.

Love the aft!!

Nanc

faline
07-28-2013, 06:12 PM
I have been known to book cruises based on what Aft cabin/balcony I can get.

Good to hear! That is what we've booked on our next cruise!

Christine
07-28-2013, 10:08 PM
We had a cabin WAYYYY aft on the Magic and LOVED it!! I would never hesitate to do that again- the midship elevators are always madness! The aft was quiet and calm. No worries!

E-OR
07-30-2013, 06:46 PM
Good to hear this. We are taking our second cruise in September and will be on deck 10 aft. Can't wait.

Quadstriker
07-31-2013, 03:53 AM
Had a balcony over the exact aft of the ship and it was incredible. The ship backs into ports, and the view is breathtaking.

Here's a sample!
Nassau (http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/4615/j4ri.jpg)