PDA

View Full Version : Arriving by ME before check in

ANG
07-07-2013, 09:00 AM
This trip we will arrive via the ME but it will be hours before check in at SSR. I know they will handle our luggage but what about any carry ons we have? Is there a place for the resort to keep your things?

I'm not sure I'd trust it anyways. But we will have our laptop, change of clothes, etc that I'd rather not lug around a park.

kakn7294
07-07-2013, 09:13 AM
They can store your things at bell services. We typically do this and it works out just fine.

You could also get lucky and they will have your room ready when you arrive, especially if you do the online check-in. Our flight landed at 8:30am 2 weeks ago. We were staying at CBR and could have had a room even that early in the day if I had wanted to either stay in a different section than what I had requested or had not opted to wait for a corner room.

Scar
07-07-2013, 09:47 AM
The above is correct. I assume you mean "before the room is ready" instead of "before check in." ME starts with flights arriving 5:00AM. You should have no problem checking in.

Butters
07-07-2013, 12:01 PM
I was nervous about leaving laptop and iPad and such too... But after I figured I would take the risk rather then carrying them around the park where they are more likely to get wet/stolen/dropped....

We now regularly check all our stuff at the bell hop desk since we generally arrive very early and have never had an issue.

dkmwong
07-07-2013, 12:33 PM
Yes I agree with everyone else. We always drop off our stuff at the Bell service (Baggage Check In ). Before we are able to check in or even after we check out and have a half a day before our flights.

WDW&MK
07-07-2013, 12:52 PM
We have checked carry-ons and purchases many times with bell service, never an issue. The only thing I would not check is any medicine/insulin that needs to remain refrigerated as the baggage check is usually in an outer building that isn't air conditioned enough for meds. We take those to the park and have first aid keep them for us in their fridge.

kakn7294
07-07-2013, 01:29 PM
We have checked carry-ons and purchases many times with bell service, never an issue. The only thing I would not check is any medicine/insulin that needs to remain refrigerated as the baggage check is usually in an outer building that isn't air conditioned enough for meds. We take those to the park and have first aid keep them for us in their fridge.I agree that I would not leave medications that require refrigeration but Bell Services does have a refrigerator available in their storage area as we have gotten cold items delivered through a grocery service that they have stored because our room wasn't ready yet.

MNNHFLTX
07-07-2013, 02:44 PM
I agree that I would not leave medications that require refrigeration but Bell Services does have a refrigerator available in their storage area as we have gotten cold items delivered through a grocery service that they have stored because our room wasn't ready yet.Yes, you can definitely store items in their fridge. If I had to, I would even store meds in there. It's locked and secure and I'm sure has to meet the same quality checks as the refrigerators in first aid in the parks.

kakn7294
07-07-2013, 04:40 PM
Yes, you can definitely store items in their fridge. If I had to, I would even store meds in there. It's locked and secure and I'm sure has to meet the same quality checks as the refrigerators in first aid in the parks.I'm sure that they do. All I meant by my comment was just that I don't like to leave any prescription meds behind to get lost anywhere. They can be too hard to replace!

MNNHFLTX
07-07-2013, 05:14 PM
I'm sure that they do. All I meant by my comment was just that I don't like to leave any prescription meds behind to get lost anywhere. They can be too hard to replace!Good point. Same reason it's a good idea to carry all prescriptions in a carry-on on a plane. :)

Pirate Granny
07-07-2013, 05:42 PM
I make sure my I-pad is well padded...can't guarantee that they won't drop my backpack...that has been my only worry. It too much stuff so it isn't really padded good,I just take it to the park and get a locker...

cer
07-07-2013, 06:11 PM
I make sure my I-pad is well padded...can't guarantee that they won't drop my backpack...that has been my only worry. It too much stuff so it isn't really padded good,I just take it to the park and get a locker...

We had a fragile item in one of our bags. We told them our concern and they labelled it with a big fragile sticker and assured us that it would be well taken care of.

We have always been pleased with Bell Services.

kakn7294
07-08-2013, 04:13 PM
We had a fragile item in one of our bags. We told them our concern and they labelled it with a big fragile sticker and assured us that it would be well taken care of.

We have always been pleased with Bell Services.

I was not aware that they labeled items as fragile. That's great! Now if only the TSA and airport baggage handlers would allow us to do the same thing...

MizMissy
07-08-2013, 04:19 PM
If you are concerned about valuables, they should have lock boxes at the check-in desk.

On our last trip, when we arrived at our hotel (Contemporary), we "checked in" to receive our KTTW with park tickets, but our room was not ready yet. I had my purse with me and did not want to lug it to the parks, so the person checking me in put my purse in a lock box at the desk (or maybe it was with the conceirge) for safe keeping until we returned and could check in to our room.

brownie
07-09-2013, 10:11 PM
I was not aware that they labeled items as fragile. That's great! Now if only the TSA and airport baggage handlers would allow us to do the same thing...

Shouldn't they treat everything like something fragile is in it? Like universal precautions, but for luggage. If you assumed something fragile was in all luggage, it'd all be treated good and you wouldn't need to label it fragile.

cer
07-10-2013, 07:52 AM
Shouldn't they treat everything like something fragile is in it? Like universal precautions, but for luggage. If you assumed something fragile was in all luggage, it'd all be treated good and you wouldn't need to label it fragile.

I understand what you are saying. We have never had to store anything we were concerned about. In this case (the one with the fragile sticker), in our soft-sided carry on duffle bag we had a set of Mickey Ears that we did not want to be crushed, so that is why we were concerned and requested extra care and given a fragile label. Not all carry-ons are created equal. There are differences in how I handle my carry on of snacks versus Mickey Ears. They handle everything appropriately. They have to, if there is a problem, they have to answer to you when you come to pick it up. It is not like sending something through the mail or checking an airline bag. You are coming back for your things. It is to their advantage to handle it appropriately.