PDA

View Full Version : Night of Joy @ MK

MargaretMessler
07-06-2013, 04:55 PM
Has anyone done this before? Can you throw any info my way on what to expect as for crowds, etc.? I'm super excited that two bands I really love are playing this year so I'm thinking of grabbing tickets. I know everyone that doesn't have tickets is ushered out of the park early (7pm?), but I'm just wondering what crowd conditions are like after that, with the shows going on, how late it runs, anything really?

MickeysBestPal
07-06-2013, 11:33 PM
Has anyone done this before? Can you throw any info my way on what to expect as for crowds, etc.? I'm super excited that two bands I really love are playing this year so I'm thinking of grabbing tickets. I know everyone that doesn't have tickets is ushered out of the park early (7pm?), but I'm just wondering what crowd conditions are like after that, with the shows going on, how late it runs, anything really?

MK will be very full of guests enjoying NoJ.

NoJ runs until 1AM each evening.
Many MK attractions will be operating, but the main reason guests attend is for
the concerts. Attraction lines are generally light.

The NoJ evenings are virtually the only evenings all year that do not offer fireworks at MK.

Christine
07-07-2013, 03:21 PM
I would love to go to NoJ! Someday...

MargaretMessler
07-07-2013, 04:06 PM
MK will be very full of guests enjoying NoJ.

NoJ runs until 1AM each evening.
Many MK attractions will be operating, but the main reason guests attend is for
the concerts. Attraction lines are generally light.

The NoJ evenings are virtually the only evenings all year that do not offer fireworks at MK.

Thanks! I was curious about the attractions lines for during the bands we are less interested in. Do all the bands perform back to back in the same location, or at various places and with gaps in between?

Can you tell I'm an obsessive over-planner? :blush:

Donald A
07-11-2013, 11:04 AM
I experienced NOJ on Friday night only last year. I can give you my experience saying what an awesome time it was. I think they let NOJ ticket holders in at like 4PM (but don't hold me to that). They give you a wrist band you need to stay. (They trick you into giving Mickey High 5s to look for your wrist band)

We stayed at Bay Lake Towers (on DVC points) and ate at Chef Mickeys. We went with another couple as our 1 year old sons do play dates together. We didn't go in until like 7.

This was our first time there for NOJ. We found that the bigger names go on latest at the Cinderella Castle stage. It gets very crowded there but they put up big screen TVs so you can see. I didn't see it but I think there are other stages in like tomorrowland for the performers not as popular.

We rode a few rides. Pooh was like a walk on. Things did not seem too crowded with most attractions as there were a lot of youth groups / teenagers. They may have been on some of the more thrilling attractions.

We were there to see Chris Tomlin primarily and he didn't go on until 10:45 after a rain delay. However, he wanted to perform so he started under a tent with an acoustic set. The rain let up and more instruments came out and it sorta built in a unique way. He debuted his new song at the time called "Whom Shall I Fear." It was an awesome time.

Casting Crowns was last and their performance time was midnight (this was the scheduled time). They did an awesome performance for about 1 hour.

The problem with NOJ is it is over late (1AM)and everyone exits at one time as there is nothing else open. We were fortunate to be staying within walking distance. Which was very nice.

My wife and I are not crowd people but NOJ is so worth it. We are going both nights this year. As many on here do, I consider the Magic Kingdom one of my favorite places to be. To be able to worship there in this setting with other people who are joining in the experience was overwhelming.

I am sure you will enjoy it.