PDA

View Full Version : Oct. 29 through November 4, 2014

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-06-2013, 03:36 PM
I know its a bit early but I'm thinking about booking our 2014 trip when the 2014 rates are announced some time this month. The dates I am looking at are checking in October 29 and checking out November 4th. My thoughts are that the MNSSHP and F&W Festival will still be going on. We are planning on staying at the Beach Club. What do you think about my dates? How crowded is it at that time? We are used to going Christmas week so I'm sure its not as bad but what are typical wait times?

faline
07-06-2013, 03:56 PM
I'm sure you'll be able to get to both the party and the Food & Wine festival with those dates. We've been during that time before and have found the crowds to be quite reasonable. Epcot tends to get busier on the weekends and in the evenings during the festival.

Wait times are nothing like Christmas week. Some of the more popular rides back up quite a bit but it's certainly manageable with some planning!

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-06-2013, 04:15 PM
Yea! I am a planner so that is not a problem.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-06-2013, 04:16 PM
Oh I forgot to ask, how is the weather? I'm hoping its not too hot still and for very little rain.:blush:

faline
07-06-2013, 04:20 PM
Typically, late October has quite nice weather. Usually, very nice days and possibly coolish evenings - perhaps even cool enough for jeans and a hoodie.

That said, we were there at the end of October last year. Hurricane Sandy came up along the coast and really impacted the weather at Disney World. It was chilly enough that I bought two scarves while I was there and wore them quite often along with a zip-up hoodie. Additionally, it was quite windy. Some days were quite pleasant and warm. Without the storm, I think the weather would have been more what we are used to at this time of year.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-06-2013, 04:31 PM
Wow, everything sounds perfect thanks.