PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Labor Day/Half Marathon Weekend

Melanie
07-06-2013, 10:38 AM
It's not a HUGE deal, because I'll mainly be just tweeting and taking it all in, but how are the crowds for Labor Day weekend? Why runDisney chooses to put their signature Disneyland race on this weekend is beyond me. But since only Premier and Deluxe annual passes are good that weekend, does that really help with the crowds? What else do I need to know?

Disney4us2
07-06-2013, 11:09 AM
We were there in the middle of all the chaos. Jessica and I volunteered at the marathon, Lots of traffic due to road closures. The parks were very crowded.

We mainly stayed at the DL hotel where we were staying and had pool time. Our friends were staying with us and we just went to DCA and went on a couple of attractions. We stopped at Ghiardelle and went back to the room to watch the fireworks ( we were in the Adventure tower/theme park view). Even though it was packed, we had a lot of fun.

Melanie
07-06-2013, 11:15 AM
We were there in the middle of all the chaos. Jessica and I volunteered at the marathon, Lots of traffic due to road closures. The parks were very crowded.

Okay, much as I expected, which is fine since I'll be back 2 months later. Not worried about traffic since we'll be staying right there on Harbor. Thanks, Marci!

Like I said, plan is to walk around and tweet, get some beers and do a few select attractions. It's all good....I'm going to the Happiest Place on Earth! :mickey3: :bar: :minnie:

Disney4us2
07-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Wish we were still there to meet up with you. My dad had other plans for us though.. Will just have to wait to you go to WDW.:mickey:

Lacy
07-13-2013, 12:08 AM
I'm bummed that I'll be missing the DL Half this year - love the race and that it is over the holiday weekend. But I'm going to D23 so can't really complain.

In general, we haven't found the crowds to be that bad. I would say the restriction on annual passes helps. And we usually plan the park days after the race so usually stay until Wed. Monday hasn't seemed that crowded to me considering it is a holiday but we prepare for the crowds, use fp and know that there is always next year so don't worry too much if we skip things.

Enjoy and I'll look for your updates while wishing I was there.