PDA

View Full Version : Which option would you choose?

barbiegirl314
07-05-2013, 02:02 PM
So I am planning a WDW tip for May 2014 with my two DS who will be 18 and 9. The trip will be the last the 3 of us will be taking for awhile as my oldest son will be leaving that June for boot camp, so this is going to be a trip celebrating his 18th birthday and him starting his military career.

I have come up with a couple of different plans and not sure which to go with.

1st plan: Staying at CSR. We stayed there this past May and we all loved it, it was probably one of our best trips ever and it fits my budget perfectly.

2nd plan: To stay at WL. we looked at it on line and it looks really nice and my youngest loves the bunk beds :mickey: It's more outside of my budget but with a strict savings schedule it's doable.

So my question is this, is the WL really worth the extra money? I really want to make this a special trip and don't know if I should put the extra money into the resort or spending it on dinners and other activities in the parks?

Melanie
07-05-2013, 02:33 PM
Personally, I'd choose CSR and have the extra $ for other things. My family loves CSR, and Wilderness Lodge was just kinda eh for us when we stayed there a year ago. I love to visit WL, but more money for other things is a definite plus.

SBETigg
07-05-2013, 02:52 PM
If you had a great time and one of your best trips ever at CSR, and that would give you more cash to spend, maybe stick with it? WL would be nice, too, but not sure it's worth cutting the budget.

azcavalier
07-05-2013, 02:56 PM
If I were to splurge, I don't think i'd do the WL. It IS beautiful, though. I would either stay at CSR, or look at one of the deluxes in the Epcot area...Boardwalk, Beach Club, Yacht Club. Possibly even the Swan or Dolphin. We are staying at the Beach Club in late August because it is OUR DS (16) last trip with us for years, probably. Normally, we'd stay at POR.

MargaretMessler
07-05-2013, 03:36 PM
Personally, I would choose to stay at the resort you know you all loved and use the money on experiences such as nice dinners or tours, special souvenirs, etc. You can always visit the WL for dinner at one of their restaurants and wander around the resort afterwards to take it all in.

AllDisney
07-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Unless you plan to be at the resort for afternoon breaks, early morning or evening swims I would not spend the extra $$$$.

The WL is lovely, but if you aren't going to be there very much I'd go with CSR:mickey:

barbiegirl314
07-05-2013, 04:40 PM
We usually sleep in a bit and then hit the parks for the day. The boys really enjoyed to pool the nights we went. My youngest especially enjoyed the water slide and the night time movies. My oldest said that he felt like the resort was one "fancy" :laughing:

I think you folks are right and the better plan is to stay there again and put the $$ into things we haven't done (special dinners we've wanted to do, renting the little boats...) I think those things will give him more of the magical memories then the resort :cloud9:

Unless I hit the lottery then it's AKL...club level:woohoo:

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-05-2013, 05:51 PM
I am sure you will get a lot of people telling you WL is worth it but I won't be one of them. Yes, it is a beautiful resort but to us the rooms were no nicer or any noticeably bigger than Coronado Springs. If you like the ambience I would suggest putting an afternoon aside to resort hop, get a drink and hang out in the lobby it is beautiful. Also, don't miss the GF, AK or Poly they are very pretty lobbies as well. Actually my family enjoyed staying at CSR more than WL to me they were equal but to each their own. If the CSR fits your budget go with it.

faline
07-05-2013, 07:07 PM
Wilderness Lodge is one of my favorite resorts. That said, I am also a fan of Coronado Springs. Based on what you have said, I would definitly opt to go back to Coronado Springs. Why strain the budget for a room. If Coronado Springs fits better into the budget and, perhaps, allows for a few extra expenditures, by all means, go with it and have a lovely family vacation!!

gratuspater
07-06-2013, 10:46 AM
I'm with Azcavalier. For the price of the WL, you could probably stay at the swan or dolphin, especially with a AAA or corporate discount code. If your favorite park is Mk, then the boat from the WL is a plus, but if you enjoy DS and Epcot, the epcot resort area hotels can't be beat, with boat service to either park, or a nice 15-20 min walk will get you to either park also !(I prefer not to wait on buses, if I can avoid it). The swan and dolphin also have LOTS of restaurants and shared amenities, Like 4 different pools, several hot tubs. sand beaches, paddle boats, and the boardwalk entertainment and restaurants are right next door. If your looking for a memorable meal, Shulas (at the dolphin) is in my opinion, the best steak house on property, PRICEY, but good. And the yachtsman steak house, right next door at the yacht and beach club, is a very close second. Whatever you decide, have a great trip!