PDA

View Full Version : Thank You

AndrewJackson
07-04-2013, 06:39 AM
John,

Thank you for posting the entire Declaration of Independence on the website. I have read the preamble many times. I even memorized it in 5th grade. However, I can't remember the last time I read the entire document.

It reminds me have how exceptional this country is, with all of her flaws.

Happy Independence Day to you, your family, and the entire Intercot staff.

WDWgoofy
07-04-2013, 08:25 AM
Likewise, thank you for positing. I encourage all to read the opening paragraphs; it reflects a level of intelligence and thought that appears absent in our world today.

These men sought freedom from an oppressive king. I never thought in my life I would so understand their situation and condition.

magicofdisney
07-04-2013, 09:26 AM
I agree with these two posts. I wish this document were more important in the education system as a frame of reference and memorization. Our founding Fathers' intelligence and understanding seem far greater than any person in leadership today.

:crying:

These men sought freedom from an oppressive king. I never thought in my life I would so understand their situation and condition.

vicster
07-04-2013, 12:13 PM
A must read for all and especially the new citizens of our great country to see how our freedoms were obtained! Happy 4th to all!!!

mjm
07-04-2013, 01:54 PM
Likewise: Thank You!

When I used to subscribe to a daily, physical newspaper they would print it every 4th. It's been a while since I've read it.