PDA

View Full Version : Off Kilter

Marytheta
07-02-2013, 11:26 PM
Does anyone know if they take a break during food and wine fest? I don't see them listed on the times guide for October.:sob: we are taking my parents who haven't seen the disney magic we have before (my dad always tried to do Disney commando style in8 hours...). We keep telling them they will LOVE this trip and have been talking up Off Kilter. They play the bagpipes :pipes: themselves so this was a huge selling point. Help!!! Crossing my fingers the schedule just isn't updated yet! :fingers:

Marytheta
07-02-2013, 11:32 PM
I didn't mean to post this on dining. How can I move it? I guess I really need help!

Capt_redshirt
07-03-2013, 01:26 AM
I recall them having shows during the food and wine fest. I dont believe they post their set times this far in advance tho. I think they only post 6 weeks in advance

Scar
07-03-2013, 09:19 AM
I've been to the F&W Festival many times, and Off Kilter was playing every time.

The only thing I've noticed, is that sometimes they play 5 days a week with the regular line-up, and sometimes they play 7 days a week rotating subs in and out for off days, vacations, etc.

Melanie
07-03-2013, 10:20 AM
Right. To expand on what Jeff said, Off Kilter plays all year round, and certainly during Food & Wine. Thing is, Jamie (the bagpiper) does not play everyday. Hopefully someone will come around that is familiar with his regular days off. Just wanted you to be aware if that is the deciding factor for your group.

Scar
07-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Just to clarify on my post...

To the best of my knowledge, certain times of the year, they play 5 days a week with the same 5 guys. This has been the case during the F&W fest the times I've been there (I think each time.) During other periods of the year, they play 7 days a week. The subs rotate in and out so all the guys can have time off, not just Jamie. When Jamie is off, Mark (Bass) fronts the group.

Marytheta
07-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Thanks everyone! This helps! :thumbsup:

Melanie
07-04-2013, 07:03 PM
When Jamie is off, Mark (Bass) fronts the group.

And I love Mark (he's definitely my favorite), but it's just not the same for me when Jamie isn't there.

mrte62
07-05-2013, 04:07 PM
When Jamie is off, Mark (Bass) fronts the group.[/QUOTE]

Last October they played what appeared to be their normal schedule. We sat through the two last shows of the evening - the first with bagpipes and the second without.

Marytheta
07-05-2013, 10:40 PM
I hope we get to catch them when Jamie is there. I know seeing them, finding our family crest in England, and having dinner at Rose & Crown will make for a great Scottish evening... Right up their alley. I know my dad thinks Disney is not his thing. Hoping to surprise him! :joy: