PDA

View Full Version : Base ticket vs. Hopper ticket for 4 days?

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
07-02-2013, 09:43 PM
My sister and her husband will be going to Disney with us in September. They have never been before and have no kids. The main focus of this trip is the Food and Wine Festival so I anticipate spending most of the time at EPCOT. I have an annual pass so will be able to hop parks any time. I think they are interested in other parks, but not a lot of hopping. If I'm looking at the prices correctly, they could buy a 4 day hopper ticket with no extra options for $359.97 or they could buy a 7 day base ticket for $329.09 and be able to go use that ticket for 7 park admissions during the 4 days (not counting leaving a park and re-entering the same day which wouldn't count as an additional admission). Is this thinking correct? Would this be a smart move or a dumb move in your opinion? It would be a $60 savings for their 2 tickets, which would be enough to pay for a nice dinner or several Food and Wine samples.

Capt_redshirt
07-02-2013, 10:10 PM
If I understand you correctly you want to buy a 7 day ticket and use the 3 extra days as a hoper feature? I don't believe this can be done... last i checked if you go do a different park without hopper it just denies you access but i could be wrong

Polynesian Dweller
07-02-2013, 11:16 PM
If I understand you correctly you want to buy a 7 day ticket and use the 3 extra days as a hoper feature? I don't believe this can be done... last i checked if you go do a different park without hopper it just denies you access but i could be wrong

Absolutely right, without hopper feature the base ticket allows admission to one park only per day. You can re-enter that one park as many times as you want but you cannot enter a different park on that same day. So, the OP will need to get hoppers.

DizneyRox
07-03-2013, 06:52 AM
Dumb move as mentioned... In order to park hop, you need to pony up for the park hopping option. Don't even try the 7 day, it's a guarantee that you will be turned away and told to go back to the original park or go to guest relations and pay for PH.

patriciakolb
07-03-2013, 06:53 AM
Well everything can't happen n the same way we have decided.Your thinking is correct but you have confirm this from officials of Disney.

Mendelson
07-03-2013, 08:45 AM
One thing to consider is that if you buy a four-day hopper (from one of Intercot's sponsors, the Official Ticket Center [and others]) you get a fifth day free. So that's one way to go.

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
07-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Thanks for all the replies. For some reason, I thought you could use the equivalent of 2 tickets to go to 2 different parks in one day. Good to know that my sister would be turned away at the second park if she didn't have a hopper. I guess that's the way we'll go. That will give us the option to be the most flexible anyway!