PDA

View Full Version : Ponchos anyone :(

minnie04
07-02-2013, 10:53 AM
I guess I'm going to have to pack the ponchos for the trip this week. It looks like rain each day. I knew there was a reason we skipped summer trips to Disney :( Oh well I know we will make the best of the day(s) before the rain come in. I just hope it's not too bad

cer
07-02-2013, 11:25 AM
Well, if you are like us, you will say while you are at home, "Should we bring our ponchos?" and then decide, "No, if we need them we will buy new ones." It will rain on your first day and then you will purchase ponchos. The rain will stop so you won't have to wear them. And then every single time after that, as long as you are carrying them in your backpack, you will not need them. This doesn't mean there will be no rain, it is just that because you are lugging them around, your family wil not need them and pretty much avoid all forms of heavenly water.

Murphy's Law at it's best. :thumbsup:

chefmickey3
07-02-2013, 11:30 AM
That's funny cer...I thought that law only applied to my family. I am always the one to lug the ponchos and never have it rain. The one time I don't bring them? Rain. We always go in the summer and never let the rain bother us. It was only ever an issue with small children and wet strollers - ponchos work for them too! Now that the kids are school age some of our best memories are during storms or right after storms. You also don't want to be in FL in the summer if there are no storms - summer 2010 is a great example. The heat that summer was so extreme with no relief. Go with the flow - bring the ponchos - and have fun. A rainy day in Disney is better than a sunny day anywhere else.

SBETigg
07-02-2013, 11:41 AM
Rain in summer in FL is usually not an all day kind of thing. It could be, of course, especially if there's a tropical storm event brewing. But usually, it's just an hour or less of rain here and there throughout the day and not too disruptive. Fingers crossed for you.

minnie04
07-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Well, if you are like us, you will say while you are at home, "Should we bring our ponchos?" and then decide, "No, if we need them we will buy new ones." It will rain on your first day and then you will purchase ponchos. The rain will stop so you won't have to wear them. And then every single time after that, as long as you are carrying them in your backpack, you will not need them. This doesn't mean there will be no rain, it is just that because you are lugging them around, your family wil not need them and pretty much avoid all forms of heavenly water.

Murphy's Law at it's best. :thumbsup:

Sounds good!! I will take them and hopefully not have to use them. I have been watching the weather here in Miami (cloudy & rain) and hope it’s not what’s going north. They said by the 4th it should be "ok" for us here that just means rain at some point in the day, but not all day. We are going with the attitude. Whatever we don't get in this trip we will do in October when we go back. I’m just looking forward to spending time with my DS rain or shine (hopefully not too much rain and more shine)...lol :mickey:

DizneyRox
07-02-2013, 06:56 PM
We used to go every year for the 4th, since maybe 1994 or so. The forcast is ALWAYS the same, 90° and thunderstorms. I can probably count on one hand the number of days that were complete rainouts.

I stopped with the ponchos too. I always say, "Ain't you never taken a shower before?" The rain will feel good in the heat and will most likely dry pretty quick. Stay out of the busses if you're drenched however, they run them cold!

Melanie
07-02-2013, 07:29 PM
I can't wear those ponchos anymore. What a sticky mess in 95% humidity. Yuck. It's an umbrella for me.

Like Sherri said though, summer in Florida is usually a quick shower and then all is good. It's usually a plus because it cools things down a bit.

VWL Mom
07-03-2013, 06:38 AM
Just got back last night and they were not the quick afternoon showers we're used to. It was rain, and downpours. Rides were closed a lot more than I ever remember because of lightening and storms in the area.

I actually became so good at folding them that each person carried their own in a sandwich bag; put them in, squish the air out and they fit in your pocket. They do expect it to break in time for the 4th though.

minnie04
07-03-2013, 08:55 AM
Great thanks Lynn, that's what we keep having here in Miami, so I knew it was bad over there. I'm taking them just in case.