PDA

View Full Version : Planes

Lacy
07-01-2013, 09:59 PM
Just curious what others think about Disney releasing Planes in the theater when it started out as a ToonDisney studio straight to video production?

I wasn't very impressed by the trailer at MU and think that it might be a bit weak for a theatrically release. And today saw that they are included a pre-screening of the movie at the D23 Expo. I probably won't spend two hours of expo time watching Planes.

But are others excited? Am I missing something? To me it just looked like an average movie that would have been fine to profit off of the Cars franchise straight to video.

DizneyFreak2002
07-01-2013, 11:35 PM
Not sure what others think but executives in Burbank are more excited about Planes doing well in the theaters than Lone Ranger, if that means anything...

Mrs Bus Driver
07-02-2013, 08:27 AM
If they are looking for profits from planes it will be in the toy market. Most likely planes would do better then lone ranger even if lone ranger is a hit.

AgentC
07-02-2013, 08:42 AM
I'm really not interested in it but my son is. We saw the preview when we saw Monsters University. He was very excited. He is 7 and probably the exact market they are looking for.

I'm sure we will end up taking him.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-02-2013, 10:14 AM
I feel so much better reading this! I was worried that I was the only one not blown away by this movie.

We saw the previews during MU too, and although it looked good ... I wasn't as excited about it as I hoped to be.

Ms. Mode
07-02-2013, 01:08 PM
Told my DD it was Cars 3 and she got mad...until we saw the trailer at MU...yup, I will wait for the DVD...in the rental store. :blush:

BrerGnat
07-03-2013, 01:12 PM
To say that my 7 year old son is psyched would be a vast understatement.

He is already eyeing the toys. :rolleyes:

We will definitely be watching this movie, but luckily for us, it premiers when we will be on a Disney Cruise so we will get to see it on the ship for free! (Or, for $2500...you decide)

This movie is aimed at the 3-9 year old set, the same demographic that the Cars movies are for. It won't be very good, I don't think, but by virtue of being a kid's movie released in the middle of the summer, it will likely do great at the box office. And, the toys are where the money will really be made anyway. They know this.

RAIDER
07-28-2013, 10:35 AM
The trailers have just come out in the UK and all i can say on what i have seen is
" Absolutley no imagination whatsoever it looks like Cars with no wings "
However i am sure the merchandise will go well with the kids