PDA

View Full Version : Mosquitoes

ANG
06-28-2013, 06:17 PM
How are the mosquitoes in WDW this time of year? Would you recommend bug spray?

faline
06-28-2013, 06:54 PM
To be honest, I've never really had a problem with mosquitoes at Disney World. I've gotten a bite or two here or there but, with the way mosquitoes seem to love me, that is a surprise all by itself.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to have spray available.

greengeen
06-28-2013, 07:35 PM
I've lived in Florida since 1964 and been visiting WDW since 1971.

You won't have mosquito problems at WDW. Not at all. I've never been bitten there, ever, day or night.

MargaretMessler
06-28-2013, 08:06 PM
I seem to attract mosquitos like crazy ANYWHERE, and I have never had a problem at WDW, now that I think about it.

caryrae
06-29-2013, 09:34 AM
Trying to think back I don't ever remember having any problems with mosquitoes at Parks or Resorts but then again I am from Minnesota where mosquitoes are our state bird. If you do bring something maybe not bring a spray (with all the people around) but a lotion or I think they have kinds that are a wipes.

buzznwoodysmom
06-29-2013, 10:12 AM
The only place in Disney I have ever been bitten by mosquitoes was at Port Orleans Riverside. In all our years of visiting I had never even seen mosquitoes before then.

disneymom15
06-29-2013, 10:46 AM
They've never been a problem for us either.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-29-2013, 11:51 AM
Like the previous posters, we haven't had a lot of issues with bugs of any sort at Disney.

But, I do bring (and use) bug spray, especially in the evenings around water. We have been bitten as we travelled from POFQ to DTD and at the Poly.

But, in all of our trips, that's still only a couple of bites ... nothing really to worry about.

AvaNellMouse
06-29-2013, 12:46 PM
But, I do bring (and use) bug spray, especially in the evenings around water.

I got one heck of a mosquito bite one night by the hot tub at AKL. I saw it land and whacked it but the deed was already done.

ANG
06-29-2013, 04:56 PM
Terrific! TY everyone

magicofdisney
06-29-2013, 05:18 PM
Several years ago, at park closing, during Wishes and near Dumbo, I felt like I was being eaten alive. I didn't think much of it because I live in FL and have grown up with them. I think their bug machine must have been broken because I don't remember having issues before or since then.

So, generally speaking it's not an problem, but it can happen on rare occasions.

Katzateer
06-30-2013, 07:35 AM
I was ambushed during the train ride between Main Street Station and Frontierland a couple of years ago. Got quite a few bites. But for the most part don't have a lot of problems.

Disney1977
07-02-2013, 10:54 AM
We were attacked by bugs/mosquitoes at the Fort Wilderness campfire sing-a-long one night. I thought it was odd because it was January.

#1donaldfan
07-02-2013, 11:56 AM
Never had a problem with 'em there !!:thumbsup:

hubbyofadisneyholic
07-05-2013, 08:13 PM
Until our trip this June I would have agreed with all of you.
This time we saw more of the nasty little critters in 9 days than we have probably seen in the last 20 yrs. They were so bad at OKW that we gave up trying to use our deck.
Several CMs mentioned that they are bigger and more aggressive than usual this year.

Also within a couple hours of our arrival my wife got bites on both feet from yellow flies (up here we call them deer flies).
The resulting allergic reaction required a trip to the Walgreen's Walk-In Clinic on 192. :(

JerseyDad
07-06-2013, 12:40 PM
.....I'm (personally) happy to report, that in 10 WDW trip ....at various times of the year ....I have not received even on mosquito bite (or any other nuisance bug bite for that matter)

....I'm REALLY amazed how WDW controls yellow-jackets and flies .....again ...none of which I have ever observed hovering around their usual haunt ...a trash can.

Scar
07-06-2013, 03:03 PM
I've seen boats in the waters with CM's with nets scooping up what I assume to be mosquito lavae. Pretty good preventative.