PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge Park Buses

barbiegirl314
06-28-2013, 11:47 AM
Does Wilderness Lodge share their park buses with any other resorts?

faline
06-28-2013, 12:07 PM
Not sure what the current setup since it's been a while since I stayed there, but I recall going to Fort Wilderness on some routes and to at least one of the Magic Kingdom resorts on other routes (? Grand California and/or Poly?)

WishingStar2006
06-28-2013, 12:23 PM
That's correct...Fort Wilderness on some and Grand Floridian on others...but Wilderness Lodge is the firt stop so is very rarely standing room only.

buzznwoodysmom
06-28-2013, 12:54 PM
We have stayed at WL around 6 or 7 times now. Sometimes the buses did share, other times we didn't. When we did share it was either with Fort Wilderness or Grand Floridian.

We stayed at WL just this past Feb. and we didn't share buses with any other resorts at all that week. I also don't recall having to share buses on our last few trips to WL which were in March and December of 2011. I do remember picking up at Fort Wilderness and /or Grand Flo in the past, just not our more recent trips.

Figment104
06-28-2013, 01:07 PM
When we were there in May we seemed to share a bus with Fort Wilderness when we were headed to Epcot, but it seemed to be only on the way there, and not on the way back to the resort. As others have mentioned we were always the first stop with Fort Wilderness being second. The only other place we took a bus to was AK, and I don't believe we stopped at any other resorts for that run. I know in the past we've also shared with the Grand Flordian, but I don't remember where we were on our way to.

jefmblrd
06-29-2013, 11:42 AM
I stayed there a number of years ago, and I remember sharing a bus with Ft. Wilderness on some of the runs, but I don't remember there being any inconvenience because of it.

LudwigVonDrake
07-08-2013, 10:54 AM
Buses are shared with either Fort Wilderness or Grand Floridian.

CuteAsMinnie
07-31-2013, 10:54 PM
We were at WL last week....

DTD/typhoon Lagoon and the AK buses stop at GF after picking up guests from the WL.

WL did share a bus on the way back from somewhere (I was too exhausted to remember from where) but stopped at WL first.

ls1jt
08-01-2013, 10:38 AM
Last week the EPCOT bus went to Fort Wilderness before heading onto EPCOT.

Route -
WL
FW
EPCOT

Susan A
08-02-2013, 10:28 PM
Is it just me, or does it seem a little odd that when staying at a deluxe resort, the bus picks up guests from other resorts? I was very surprised when we stayed at the Poly 7 years ago. We shared a bus with guests at the GF and sometimes with the Contemporary. When I've stayed at moderates, we never shared buses with other resorts. I do realize that CB has many guests.

Davy Crockett
08-20-2013, 07:38 PM
WL shares the majority of their bus route with the Poly & Grand Floridian. Some routes do go over to Ft. Wilderness

Ms. Mode
08-21-2013, 09:12 AM
Is it just me, or does it seem a little odd that when staying at a deluxe resort, the bus picks up guests from other resorts? I was very surprised when we stayed at the Poly 7 years ago. We shared a bus with guests at the GF and sometimes with the Contemporary. When I've stayed at moderates, we never shared buses with other resorts. I do realize that CB has many guests.

I think it's because less guests use the buses system when they are staying at a Deluxe resort..I don't know why...we always park the car and take the Disney transportation EVERYWHERE! We never get lost that way :blush:

GoBlueLacheta
08-21-2013, 09:36 AM
I remember having to go to Ft. Wilderness occasionally depending on route.

Usually we have a car, and pick and choose when to utilize Disney transportation, from WL basically was just common sense to use the boat to MK.

The only thing is, with the breaks we like to take mid-day and our usual dinner ADR's sometimes away from the parks, it is a lot of getting on this bus to get there and then wait for this bus. Time management becomes the give and take. Balancing is the half tank of gas throughout the week and driving more worth saving 3-7 hours of vacation time you'd otherwise be waiting for busses depending on how long you were there.

BrerGnat
08-21-2013, 10:04 AM
Yes, the buses share with either FW or GF.

It's annoying since neither of those is particularly close to WL.